Shitty tools

Members online

Lastlaff

I keep my trowels in good nick but this hasn't been cleaned for a few years - I've knocked off an inch of plaster....can't wait for Monday to try it out .....
IMG_6760.PNG
IMG_6762.PNG

If you left that in a bucket over the weekend with diluted bicarbonate of soda it will soften the remaining plaster making it easy to remove. Trisodiam citrate works also.

I couldn't let any of my tools get that dirty or built up with s**t when your sticking finish on wall there's nothing worse than dragging bits of s**t around! It's a dirty job yes but cleanliness is a must for us guys were not just plasterers were like professional cleaners.... think about it

I couldn't let any of my tools get that dirty or built up with s**t when your sticking finish on wall there's nothing worse than dragging bits of s**t around! It's a dirty job yes but cleanliness is a must for us guys were not just plasterers were like professional cleaners.... think about it
First thing I always absolutely drill into young lads starting with me is keeping the tools and the work environment clean and tidy. If they can't get that, then there's not much hope for them in my view

You can generally tell a lot about a tradesman by the state of there tools.
Mind saying that, I've a subbie that works for us, turns up in a 12 year old shagged out transit connect, tools in a sack, and yet his work is outstanding.

You can generally tell a lot about a tradesman by the state of there tools.
Mind saying that, I've a subbie that works for us, turns up in a 12 year old shagged out transit connect, tools in a sack, and yet his work is outstanding.

always an exception to any rule :D