sheeting up

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i measure room on pricing up by a piece of tarpulin slightly bigger wack it down put the odd staple into skirts bottom of arckys etc they pull out dead easy... shetting doesnt slip around then and if you want to can clean your tarp so there like new hosepipe etc and they dont collect dust like cotton or let water through!

Zombie:RpS_thumbup:

swear to god years ago i was pricing a job up and i asked if they want me to price up for sheeting or where they wanting to take responsibility as all that id got the whole way round was how they were on a tight budget bla bla bla etc.

They said they sort it all out i explained if they were to sort out then it was there responsibility etc and that i would expect to unload van and crack straight on... anyway turned up on first day a full house to go at they had completey covered with newspaper on floor selotaped together! ....F***kin unbelievable there was tits, car adverts, horoscopes the lot looking at me....i told them that there was no way that would be sufficent and that the floor will get ruined...wait for this she said its ok weve double sheeted it full house every where 2 coats of newspaper!

still dont think ive laughed as much at work since!

Zombie:RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh::RpS_laugh:

I use the sticky plastic on a roll its not cheap but very quick and easy to use great for going up stairs too.Just pull it up at end of job and bin it.cost to do average room £10

I always use thick dustsheets doubled up(folded in half)
then tarp on top.
This way when you've finished just lift each corner of the tarp & all the crap falls in the middle ready to bag up.
Fold tarp up, dustsheets underneath that have been protecting the flooring are clean & dry so only need folding up ready to go in van for next day, or maybe a quick shake outside first.

I've tried sheets on top of tarp before but find this way a lot quicker to clean up.

building paper and masking tape, tape it down (brown side up) once youve finished roll it up and throw it away.we only use dust sheets for walk ways now

its either 50 or 100m, pretty sure its 50. if you buy one roll its £70 but we get that much of it we get it for £35. when i first had to start doing it i found it a right ballache but at the end of the day it takes 2 minutes to roll it up, quick hoover around the edges of a room just incase. done. dust sheets are s**t nowadays, my mums net curtains have got more about them!

i dont own dust sheets pointless things. i use building paper and /or adesive roll stuff or i got and get old carpet and put some of that down or if its h s l. i take carpet up and have it put back down

Each to there own ay!!
Dustsheets have managed me for the last 18yrs thick cotton twill feckers:RpS_thumbup:

If people buy cheap crap ones & use them opened up single then they are gonna be crap!

Beddy do you actually buy it though or do the insurance company?
I've used rolls of card in the past for a bloke I did some work for it's thicker than building paper the stuff he used, Fcuk doing that all the time.

i use the clients folded washing thats on the bed that they diddnt take out the room as was arranged :RpS_lol:

dave the company pays for it, 1 roll will tend to last a couple of weeks. would definitely use it on my own jobs from now on. nothing worse than kicking dustsheets about all day and having to keep putting them back

I use the sticky plastic on a roll its not cheap but very quick and easy to use great for going up stairs too.Just pull it up at end of job and bin it.cost to do average room £10

same as that, looks good to the customer and you literally only have to hoover round the edges (if at all) once you rip it up! quality stuff, and tarps generally arent 100% waterproof so not the best, Ive knocked a bucket of water or two over in my time as Im a clumsy t**t!

Try and find someone who works for the NHS. The bed sheets make great dustsheets!!! just watch out for the MRSA :RpS_scared:

alright lads new to the forum today.i use the plastic dustsheets but gonna give the sticky plastic on a roll ago.

only thing i find with the plastic sheeting is that if u spill a bit of water and a bit of dust u end up with a plastery slop on the floor which gets a bit slippy. the plastic backed dust sheets used to ok as far as i remember. i just chuck loads of sheets down now. but only thing that is s**t is if ur pva-ing and a splash soaks through.....

Abs came in today looking dead chuffed 'the welsh lads are dirtier than us'........wahey let's party

building paper is the answer to all of your worries. just a shame its so F*****g expensive

No mate. Masking tape Is your friend. Take it up at the end of the job and the floors spotless. Stops any spillages leaking through aswell

I use plastic backed and normal dust sheets (depends how much they are when I need any) i dont spill s**t every where so they are more than fine

works for me!!

Hi guys,

When I was an apprentice i got told to put roll n stroll down over a carpet, but i dint know what it was and i thought he ment roll it up and put it outside. when gaffa came back he said where the fucks the carpet?? I said outside like you said, so we went out to discover council had taken it with rest of rubbish left down side of house.

Status
Not open for further replies.