Shed building time

I need to start getting my shed build planned out.

Will be building strait off the concrete base as I need the floor to be concrete.

Will be running a row of concrete blocks around the edge then building off that.

Using 4x2 timber I will build stud like walls then clad the outside with plywood (Maybe osb) then I want to use a feather edge timber to clad it...

My question is how do I sort the corners out?

This needs to be quite a strong build and I will be insulating and probably skimming the inside.

Save yourself time and effort and sheet the exterior with inslated box profile sheet. Oh and get some 10mm steel plate sole plates/post holders for your corners.

When i did mine i was working for someone in building control so built it so i didnt have to get permission . Its maybe a inch to high but i can raise ground round it if i need to lol

When i did mine i was working for someone in building control so built it so i didnt have to get permission . Its maybe a inch to high but i can raise ground round it if i need to lol

The current shed needed planning... but it is rotten and I have a family of rats living under it.

Going to be a second workshop for my kit car to go in while I use one.of my other garages to build another kit car

Stick built timber frame out of 4x2. Two sole plates one header. Builder paper, osb, insulation, another vapour barrier,marine ply outer, vertical batten to solid grounds at corners, horizontal treated barrel board ......kaboom.......same for roof except cover with rubber instead of felt.

IMAG0361.jpg
just butt up a 6x1 on the end

Stick built timber frame out of 4x2. Two sole plates one header. Builder paper, osb, insulation, another vapour barrier,marine ply outer, vertical batten to solid grounds at corners, horizontal treated barrel board ......kaboom.......same for roof except cover with rubber instead of felt.

I was about to ask about the membrane on the outside.... should it be breathable or just plastic sheet?

The roof I am planning on tiles or similar... don't want roofing felt... need it to last

Go breathable all day long. Give the roof a decent overhang if you’re not using gutters.
Ok super

There will be a decent over hand and I was planning on gutters as I need to water the garden and my bees will need drinking water...

I don't want to put a pond or anything in the ground as it will be my luck a gold crested unicorn will move in when I want to build a house on the plot

The current shed needed planning... but it is rotten and I have a family of rats living under it.

Going to be a second workshop for my kit car to go in while I use one.of my other garages to build another kit car

I used breeze as i could have it as close to boundry as i wanted as long as it was under 2.4 and 5 meters from house. Felted roof though as i had ran out of cash

Cedar or sweet chestnut shingles will bankrupt you. Tesla slates will power your lights! Imitation slate is good value, easy to cut and lay and can be used on a lowish angle. Think about the weight the roof will carry ..........ply, membrane, batten, roof covering, and in a bad winter.......snow.

Corrugated steel roof with anticondensation fabric on the underside cheap, quick and long lasting

Cedar or sweet chestnut shingles will bankrupt you. Tesla slates will power your lights! Imitation slate is good value, easy to cut and lay and can be used on a lowish angle. Think about the weight the roof will carry ..........ply, membrane, batten, roof covering, and in a bad winter.......snow.

Hmmmm very true....

The shed needs to look right as well as I need to keep the neighbours on side...

Building and stripping cars while keeping bees is not winning the hearts of the people along with buying it all on the quiet... lol

If you are gonna do it, do it right. Put a big enough consumer unit in. You might want to run a welder and stuff. Use sound deadening insulation walls and roof, celotex under the floor screed.

Use thick ply......it’s really really strong. In the winter you won’t get cold feet, timber over insulation will have a little “spring” in it, and that’s good for your joints. Just saying.

It's keeping it dry and clean from spillages

Hahah I am been doing other jobs as well but it is water tight now so should have the cladding finished this week :)