Shadow gap adviceeeeeee

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

olyboy

Hi all, need some advise on best method of installing the shadow gap beads, they will be used in place of skirting boards and I will be sticking the boards to block work and skimming. Thanks in advanceeeee

One method is to set a batten under the boards at the level you want the shadow gap beads ,when boards are set, remove batten and attach beads,make sure no adhesive on bottom 50 mm, it depends on what depth you are laying them from the floor,the accuracy of levels of the floor etc.

One method is to set a batten under the boards at the level you want the shadow gap beads ,when boards are set, remove batten and attach beads,make sure no adhesive on bottom 50 mm, it depends on what depth you are laying them from the floor,the accuracy of levels of the floor etc.
Thats how we do it

What if the floor is pissed do you keep the gap the same or do you level it?

I would keep the gap the same... but just curious...

What if the floor is pissed do you keep the gap the same or do you level it?

I would keep the gap the same... but just curious...
We are / were doing one two weeks ago ,the floor was to be tiled ,so we found that the area where the door was ground zero ,ie the highest possible point ,so we laser levelled a line all around ,the floor was to be self levelled and the tiles layed level to keep the gap equidistant .
This job was been done backwards in a few respects, the guy wanted me to plaster and the the beads fitted retrospectively which is mad,I haven't been back since ..
Shadow gap beads are not flexible ,so straight works rather than undulating,

Later level from the lowest point usually 100mm upstand from finished floor to edge bottom of bead and let tiler do the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.