Severe crazing

Members online

voodoocars

Hi chaps. I've done lots of over artex and never had any problems until yesterday.
I had to go over artex (not deep) on a landing. I scraped it and put 3 coats of PVA on but the air temp in the house was 32 Deg even with the windows open.. the mix was going off so fast I could barely keep up with it
Went back this morning to do another room and the one I've done is crazed so bad I'll have to go over it again or board it.
Is it just too hot in the house? It's never happened to me before but I've never known it so hot in a room...

Heat mate, had it few times and had it today on fresh board (conservatory)

Let first coat pull right in if it grazes wet it up then lay down

I've got another tomorrow let's hope it isn't so hot in that house. I did a big over artex last week and it was 28deg outside but the room was cooler so it went on ok.
Yesterday the landing was much warmer than outside. Like an oven. Their 2 yr old sleeps in a bedroom off that and it was 32 in there as well. No fans or windows open.. never known a house like it.

I've got another tomorrow let's hope it isn't so hot in that house. I did a big over artex last week and it was 28deg outside but the room was cooler so it went on ok.
Yesterday the landing was much warmer than outside. Like an oven. Their 2 yr old sleeps in a bedroom off that and it was 32 in there as well. No fans or windows open.. never known a house like it.

Just let it pull in longer than normal to get the grazing out the way wet it up lay down no probs