settle an argument gents

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you mean? A stop bead next too the window ?
I've never ever done that in my life and never even seen it done in any house in most parts of the country I've been .
ive always and always seen it skimmed up to the window reveal ,unless I'm reading you wrong mr John :RpS_biggrin:

quite a regular spec. usually on commercial and military work.

Windows shut defo lol sounds wrong but its right.... Stop beads next to windows yea ive seen that loads of times. Nice touch when done right but down to personal preference i rekon. The job ive just finished had £26'000 pre finished and painted windows hence at the end of the job i had a house full to do lol. We didnt even want to mask them up incase it left a sticky residue on them! And to make things worse i had to krend up to them externally tutut #Carefullscrape

quite a regular spec. usually on commercial and military work.
Done a fair bit of commercial this past few years,never heard of it.
i would of thought they would caulk the angles anyway,for expansion and the like,so why use stop beads ?
Not being arsy just asking a curious question

That explains it,the southern pansys probably can't get em straight so use a stop bead:-0

Lol to be fair it does look better and the shadow beads look better again but not for most domestics as to time consuming.. Plus I wouldn't know where to source the shadow beads anyways

Lol to be fair it does look better and the shadow beads look better again but not for most domestics as to time consuming.. Plus I wouldn't know where to source the shadow beads anyways
its work as per spec, but I have used them for 15 plus years, back when money was good...

Past few extensions we've done architect has spec'd stop beads in every internal corner.

we have had the stopbeads in the internal, with a 2mm gap, when the party wall is not tied into the face wall, to force a straight crack in the internal. you have to float the face wall first, then fit the stop bead, to be able to measure the gap.
we have also had a movement bead on trial for internals. i think that you will be seeing that one soon.

Malc is that a recent thing with the military spec ??

they are building a new garrison at colchester, it will be in the spec on that contract. that is where we trial a lot of different ideas. you must follow the spec, or you will end up in big trouble. the new garrison is the largest building site in europe.
we have the 17th defence mobile, half in colchester, the other half at raf wattersham in suffolk, the gurkers are also in town

Is a shadow bead like a stop bead but with a 10mm add on ad the side? We did a job for a couple of architects and they had that everywhere. No skirts. No architrave. Cut the board 10mm short and it fits in flush?

they are building a new garrison at colchester, it will be in the spec on that contract. that is where we trial a lot of different ideas. you must follow the spec, or you will end up in big trouble. the new garrison is the largest building site in europe.
we have the 17th defence mobile, half in colchester, the other half at raf wattersham in suffolk, the gurkers are also in town

Is the garrison not finished yet malc? When i was last in colly on 2005 they were just starting. Im back down there next month for a little reunion so i will have a butchers................:RpS_thumbup:. The gurkas has a company attached to 3 para a few year back...........nobodys fu@ks with the lads

Is the garrison not finished yet malc? When i was last in colly on 2005 they were just starting. Im back down there next month for a little reunion so i will have a butchers................:RpS_thumbup:. The gurkas has a company attached to 3 para a few year back...........nobodys fu@ks with the lads

they are building thousands of houses now to pay for the garrison. they are now building on the old barrack blocks in mersea road, near the town. also on the cavalry barracks on butt road.

Do any of you stop bead externall reveals
Funnily enough spunky I had to on a job last week, it was a really thin window reveal so would of had to cut the beat down anyhow. So used stop beads on them,can't really tell from the photo but they were only about 1",just on the extension

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 230
Is a shadow bead like a stop bead but with a 10mm add on ad the side? We did a job for a couple of architects and they had that everywhere. No skirts. No architrave. Cut the board 10mm short and it fits in flush?

That's them Steve, we've got a house coming up where they want them everywhere.

They look quite good I think. Pain in the arse having to go round and clean them all out though.

I have 3 houses to start tuesday with shadow gap beads all around doors and skirtings, the stop end beads are already on and some are kicking so I have asked for them to be taken off and re fitted, the 13mm is tight on the 12.5 mm boards where the are cut. so the kick when fitted.

Skanska have them on aall there jobs in london we put masking tape in the gap takes minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.