ServiceMagic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archer

Hi all, Does or has anyone ever used ServiceMagic to get leads? I filled something in online (can't remember where) for these and started to get leads sent through to me via text & email. What they sent me had all the details about a job except contact details for the customer, they only contact details were for the company based in Croydon. I wasn't stupid enough to think this service would come for free so out of curiosity phoned them up this afternoon to find out what the damage would be. After giving me some super friendly spiel they let me have the good news, each lead would cost me £16 + vat!!!!!!! I've not dabbled in this kind of thing before but thought it was a bit pricey, is it? Or is this the norm? My luck was in though as the offer they had going was ending today so I would get the £32 registration fee refunded off my first bill...... I have to admit as soon as I heard this "the offer is ending today so I'd be saving money if I signed up today" pitch it immediately put me off especially as I had doubts beforehand.

anyway sorry for the long post, just wondering if anyone's used them really.:RpS_thumbsup:

Yeah. Rated people is the same. Except there price is a percentage based on the customers price there willing to pay haha.

Joke the lot of them mate.

i dont think i would want to work for the type of person that looks for trades men in this way.:RpS_mellow:

havent tried service magic. its just a stupid name. rated people is awful. similar prices to service magic. and the numbers they provided just rang out or didnt exist. that was on a free trial a year or two ago and i packed it in before the free 30 days with free credit in my account it was that sh1te. they issue no refunds if you cannot contact the customers, shysters. try mybuilder if you're going down that route. there is no membership fee. and the fees for the leads are usually about two to five quid. i get about two or three leads a week off them. genuine ones. no fancy adds or advertising but it works.

To be fair I've had some good jobs off rated people. I haven't used it for months so should cancel it as got some good contacts recently. You just need to filter out the customers who want everything for nothing. They have changed it recently so when customer enters job it tells them recent jobs and prices. I found if you are the first to buy and contact the customer then you basically get the job.

postcard in the post office window has kept me going for the past 25 years.......................:RpS_thumbup:

I've tried that Arti but success has been limited, I've not done it for a while though so maybe I'll try it again.
i like the sound of MyBuilder too, cheers Jurek.

no problem, archer :RpS_thumbup: i wear my heart on my sleeve and say it as i see it. i call a spade a spade. mybuilder is okay. the problem with all these sites is that people tend to want jobs doing asap and if youre busy thats no good for you. had a lead off them over the weekend where the poster had specifically requested i quote and hadnt shortlisted anyone else. but had to turn it down cos he wanted it asap. full house reskim after a rewire.

but remember, you're only as good as your last job. mine was a for a pair of dykes who were very demanding

no problem, archer :RpS_thumbup: i wear my heart on my sleeve and say it as i see it. i call a spade a spade. mybuilder is okay. the problem with all these sites is that people tend to want jobs doing asap and if youre busy thats no good for you. had a lead off them over the weekend where the poster had specifically requested i quote and hadnt shortlisted anyone else. but had to turn it down cos he wanted it asap. full house reskim after a rewire.

but remember, you're only as good as your last job. mine was a for a pair of dykes who were very demanding
mmm,tell us more..

We advertise in our local ad mag, £60 something a month but get plenty of calls. Been with them for about 8 years now.

postcard in the post office window has kept me going for the past 25 years.......................:RpS_thumbup:

My post office has kept me going years I gave them a note and they handed over a big bag of cash they didn't even ask for a card!

It's really all the same just a different name

Status
Not open for further replies.