Server upgrade!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

Tonight we are finally upgrading servers.... we are not sure how much of an improvement its going to make on site speed but it should make a huge difference!!

The site will be down for a couple of hours while the server does its thing :)

Can I remind you all to look after the forum sponsors as they are the people who support the running costs and with out them the forum would not be able to exist.

Kindest Regards

Danny

When and how long will it be down for???? Don't know how I'll cope tbh, I'm gonna miss you guys, (sniff, sniff, sob sob):RpS_crying::-0

It will be down for a few minutes and it will be at about 1am :D

Yeah it has been slow at peak times but the server jump has been a big one and to be honest I have been holding out for as long as possible but the other night it was annoying me so I had to make the move...

we are trialling the new server for 7 days... if it is still slow we will have to trial a bigger one and to be honest I will have to increase advert fees to cover that which means the members will have to work harder at pleasing our sponsors :D

Either way it should work out fine :D

Thanks for all of the support by the way :D

I think you should optionally charge the members a small annual fee. Maybe sweeten it with a few perks, maybe a members room, free premium account on extremetube?

That might help a bit, I dunno.

Nope....... not charging members....

right from the start I promised that I wouldnt charge you the users and I wont go back on my word :D

I may charge people to have a section on the site to promote their business..... that may help raise some capital?

But other than getting more sponsors and of course keeping them there is not much else :D

Which makes it important to try and support the sponsors as much as you can when you can... as they do give some great deals and offers :D

Danny

I may charge people to have a section on the site to promote their business..... that may help raise some capital?

defo get some coin from the claymonster cos all his jobs are proper pricey, and his training establishment is raking it in............."where tha's mud tha's brass"

Seems about 5 times faster for me loading pages. Before I would sometimes wait over 5 seconds.

Only takes a second at most now.

Seemed faster on my phone today? Should it be faster on mobiles or am I talkin s**t Danny???:-0

Status
Not open for further replies.