Serrated feather edges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever used these on weber a used one for the first time today and there great a think really easy to get your wall plum with

i what way mate ? ,do you use when the weber is still wet ?or the next day to sort of take high spots off, ( sorry if i sound stupid old spread here learning newer materials lol) .......

A h bar you mean.
if youve only just started using one now, you arnt doing it right. and what you on about plumb?

Hi jtN
We use a serrated edge , and yes there good, wouldn't say they get your wall plum but the do get it straight .
To you guys that don't use them , you rule the wall after it's been stayed and then flatten in with a spatular .then using an I bar when it's has gone off

I we just use it when it's wet n plum just mean true and flat a thought they wer bang on for seeing ur low spot that needed filled in just 1m big though but a take it there will be bigger ones on the market

I we just use it when it's wet n plum just mean true and flat a thought they wer bang on for seeing ur low spot that needed filled in just 1m big though but a take it there will be bigger ones on the market

exactely that ...it makes it easier to see low spots ,it leaves just enough material in the serrated high spots for floating ...and in some finishes its also enough to leave a key for finish.

serated darbies and feather edges have been around that I remember at least 35 years

as for the key for finish work ,we do this only when it is a cement texture type finish...not for any smooth or flat finishes

Has anyone ever used these on weber a used one for the first time today and there great a think really easy to get your wall plum with
Hi pal im new to the forum I've just bought a serrated edge do lots of rendering do I rule straight away with it using weber or do I let it pick up a bit are they any good

Status
Not open for further replies.