Seriously large

Status
Not open for further replies.

essexandy

The Lake Governor
Went to price a new build house yesterday it had a floor screed area of 244m2 and is three storeys, I can't remember working on a new build as big as that in all my years. Any of you lads worked on any bigger new build houses than this.
And yes Richard if I get it the screed will be mixed on site ;)

Can't you pour the screed, seems that's what they are doing on sites these days. Mate of mine had a screeding firm, all his work was site work and now has jacked it in, can't compete price wise. They block the door's threshold up, mark up the height on the walls and pump it in wet, self leveling, done in half hour or so.

This place is being built by a chap who knows what he wants, S&C screed, all the blockwork float & set with S&C and all the exterior blockwork covered in EML before rendering. Even the first floor is screed on block and beams.

Just found myself a decent reliable screeder Bod so will do, and yes it will be pumped upstairs Del, even I'm not that cruel to labs even though I hodded a fair few screeds upstairs myself in my much younger days.

Don't worry he seems a decent fella, did a screed for me last week and did a nice job of it, his labourer even washed my best mixer as well as I would :)

plastered a whopper a few years back 3 floors 660m2 screed ground & 1st floor nearly 2000m2 of float and set 3.6m high ground floor about 1000m2 of ceilings and stud walls about 500m cornice took 7 of us nearly a year to do. the vans went on auto pilot in the end.and we nearly packed it all in, lovely house just ended up like a prison sentence.... oh yeah all on day work!!!!

yep jst dun a whopa for simps in wimbledon . to be sold for 6.6mil. its a giant. no im a liar it wus only 200m2 but it had 4 floors

undercut me, anyone who does that will only do it once, dont care how good they are and the amount of work we got , only stupid , small minded people do that because they dont see the big picture about the work we chuck there way.

simplybesty said:
undercut me, anyone who does that will only do it once, dont care how good they are and the amount of work we got , only stupid , small minded people do that because they dont see the big picture about the work we chuck there way.

I've never nicked any of your work simps ???

Never bite the hand that feeds you, I am the same simply once I get shafted thats it .... they will only do it once.

First rule of buis , don't burn bridges, i have a feelin these guy's wont be in business for long , this does really grind on me, ok it happens regular and it won't be the first or the last time , but what goes round comes around ,

now i never did this and neva wud. i told stu what they wanted me to do and i sed i wud walk away from the job. and he said to do it. i was also under the impresion that there was an understanding between stu and the builder. i didnt know of any foul play until after the event. and yes the builder is a toser. once again i dnt do this there was obviously been a breakdown in comunication somewhere.

Ime going up to Quesada in the morning, got a weeks tiling to do, aint being funny but houses up by the golf course aint selling. Not that much is but theres not much up there, Dona Pepa and anywhere near the Arches are getting some sales, the place ime working on tommorrow is a 2 bed apart on Dona Pepa bought a year ago for 130000€ reduced from 170000€ you could buy simmilar now for 80000€ i can see by the pics that it is some place youve got but for that money you can buy a lot now with central heating.
Best of luck Lucius

Status
Not open for further replies.