Hi, I’m a professional bricklayer and a very competent plaster. I am hoping to get some advice from a experienced renderer ,no smart comments please as I know some guys just can’t help themselves. I have tried using some Weber ocr on garden walls as opposed to s&c, this is what I’ve done. Jet washed, Tanking slurry,let dry, 15m beads, Sbr slurry mixed 1: 1: 2 sharp sand. Let to go tacky then Weber ocr, 7mm ish bedded in sheets of bond it fibre mesh 5mm holes in the sheet, and went straight over with another pass. Ruled let it pick up a bit then floated and sponged, covered up with tarp to keep from direct sun. Looked nice and I thought this is the way to go happy days, boy was I wrong! I gave it a few taps with my knuckles a few days later just to see how tough the Weber ocr is. Yeah a got that hollow sound, in a few areas, bit the bullet and knocked them out, but I could just keep going. What has happened is, the bedded in mesh has almost formed a separation layer, the ocr just taps off to the mesh and then I can pull the mesh off but under the mesh solid and well stuck to the background. I bedded in the mesh properly. I’m thinking maybe I should have let the pass with the mesh in take up quite a lot before the second pass or maybe I just floated it to soon. Rendering is down to hard earned painful experience, I am hoping if others have had issues with the mesh not taking in, its definitely not the way I bedded it in.