Sentencing

Members online

My first day at work as an apprentice my master, Albert Bailey put his cap on in a way as Judge would when giving out a life sentence and said,

’John, I hereby sentence you to 50 years hard labour ’.

b*****d meant it as well

Only 4 years left before I get Parole.
Funny
My first day at work as an apprentice my master, Albert Bailey put his cap on in a way as Judge would when giving out a life sentence and said,

b*****d meant it as well

Rigsby ,f**k me he wasn't kidding mate, that so funny

b*****d meant it as well

sorry no parole in this game rigsby

Rigsby work every get u down and what did u do to to get over it

Yes, diagnosed with Stress in 2011 so stopped giving a s**t a bit.

But then not getting stressed caused people to not give so much a damn and customers got more awkward. Watching my business not being the best it was and not being prepared to get stressed out to maintain order then got diagnosed with depression in February last year.

So started to wind down. The tablets made me not give too hoots about anything but made me lazy. Doctor told me to get off them and sort my life out. 37 years of self employment has took its toll.

Needed a final push to get me to quit. Wife is now ill and needs my care. So thats my excuse to get out of the rat race. Doing a bit part time for someone else as and when but glad to be out of it.

Business that is, not the job. Just turn up now with a bag of tools. Do as I am instructed, get paid and bugger off. Should have done it 5 years ago just didn’t have the balls. Fear of loss and all that.

Done ok though financially. Read the book, The Richest Man in Babylon. That sorted my pension out.

But then not getting stressed caused people to not give so much a damn and customers got more awkward. Watching my business not being the best it was and not being prepared to get stressed out to maintain order then got diagnosed with depression in February last year.

So started to wind down. The tablets made me not give too hoots about anything but made me lazy. Doctor told me to get off them and sort my life out. 37 years of self employment has took its toll.

Needed a final push to get me to quit. Wife is now ill and needs my care. So thats my excuse to get out of the rat race. Doing a bit part time for someone else as and when but glad to be out of it.

Business that is, not the job. Just turn up now with a bag of tools. Do as I am instructed, get paid and bugger off. Should have done it 5 years ago just didn’t have the balls. Fear of loss and all that.

Done ok though financially. Read the book, The Richest Man in Babylon. That sorted my pension out.

If it's any consolation mate....Id love your knowledge in render/plastering...so would 98% of the world.
A genius to us all mate.
I hope your wife and yourself are ok.
I don't know who you are rigsby....but you have always come across as a gentleman and a scholar.

Sorry to hear of your wife being ill @Rigsby!

You have always been an absolute gent on here, very kindly offered to help me learn mono back in the early days which i always appreciated and have never forgotton.

Wish you all the best with looking after your wife and thoughts with you & your family mate!

All the best zombie

If it's any consolation mate....Id love your knowledge in render/plastering...so would 98% of the world.
A genius to us all mate.
I hope your wife and yourself are ok.
I don't know who you are rigsby....but you have always come across as a gentleman and a scholar.
quite touched at your comments on that and zombie too the plasterers coat of arms says on it let brotherly love continue and also friendship nice to see it still exists today as it started in 1524 also all the best rigsbyif you read this

quite touched at your comments on that and zombie too the plasterers coat of arms says on it let brotherly love continue and also friendship nice to see it still exists today as it started in 1524 also all the best rigsbyif you read this

I know it's only a forum ...but respect will always be earned and not given.
Rigbys posts have always had us jealous .....:birra::birra:
It's what makes this place what it is.

I know it's only a forum ...but respect will always be earned and not given.
Rigbys posts have always had us jealous .....:birra::birra:
It's what makes this place what it is.
could not agree more u might be losing a good man in rigsby but if you ever need answers to things I have 53 yrs at it and still out most days don't know f/all else

Rigsby

b*****d meant it as well

Rigsby what would you do if you were missing invoices for the t man and can find or trace back

Did u turn to drink

Rigsby

Rigsby what would you do if you were missing invoices for the t man and can find or trace back

Depends. If its by bacs , card or cheque the accountant might chance it. Otherwise he might not allow it.

Did u turn to drink

No way. Happy tablets and drink doesn’t mix.

Like a can of John Smiths. Might have too in a heat wave but no more.

Dont smoke, or eat greasy food. Watched the tv program, You Are What You Eat.

Use stairs instead of the lift. Bit of daily yoga.

No way. Happy tablets and drink doesn’t mix.

Like a can of John Smiths. Might have too in a heat wave but no more.

Dont smoke, or eat greasy food. Watched the tv program, You Are What You Eat.

Use stairs instead of the lift. Bit of daily yoga.
Wish I was like you mate

Wouldn’t know Andy G. I gave up Plastering in 1989.

Thinking back, 40m2 a day was a days worth. Although probably less in winter with loss of light and slower sets.

So £100 a day.

Working for someone else as a wage earner I think it would be a minimum. But independent, own equipment and van then no.

b*****d meant it as well

Risby want your advice, if u have a house and it worth 200 and fifty thousand is it best to re mortgage or to down size,i have no mortgage , and no kids,just want some money from the home as wife is not good

Risby want your advice, if u have a house and it worth 200 and fifty thousand is it best to re mortgage or to down size,i have no mortgage , and no kids,just want some money from the home as wife is not good

What the f**k is this?

Dear Rigsby?

Dear Rigsby. My Girlfriend is a selfish pig and won't behave like a prostitute, even when I give her cocaine. What should I do?

I certainly wouldn’t re mortgage thats just getting into debt. Downsize is an option if it is acceptable to who ever it involves.

Lots of my clever and well to do clients have done this. Buy a house in a good area, extend beyond their needs, mortgaged up to the hilt but in an employment that they can afford to do so.

Come the day your kids have flown the nest and you are in your 50’s 60’s time to down size and have a nice tax free income with state and company pension.

Today with have the workplace pension which people I know are trying to not contribute to. But if you are in your early 20’s now and having 8% of your income go into a pension thats going to help you retire at 60. But the building trade is self employed and all who I know are living for today. They have no pension plans in place. Come mid 50’s they are going to regret that.

A lot of young people are being suckered by plastic cards and direct debits. Money is disappearing from their accounts and they don’t realise whats going on. They are skint. My luxury is internet access by Virgin Media. Apart from that its utilities and cash over the counter for anything else. Once my weekly allowance is getting low I tighten my belt.

Read the book ‘The Richest Man in Babylon’ better still listen to the audible.

Or as Dickens wrote in David Copperfield.

Annual income 20 shillings a year expenditure 19 shillings a year.
Result: Happiness and contemptment.

Annual income 20 shillings a year expenditure 21 shillings a year.
Result: Misery!

What f**k has it got to do with u ucant
1542549961084.png

Dear Rigsby?

Danny, please don’t start a Dear Rigsby page, really can’t be arsed with listening to other people’s problems. Had enough of that on the taxis.

Wouldn’t know Andy G. I gave up Plastering in 1989.

Thinking back, 40m2 a day was a days worth. Although probably less in winter with loss of light and slower sets.

So £100 a day.

Working for someone else as a wage earner I think it would be a minimum. But independent, own equipment and van then no.
Rigsby can't understand u ,y the f**k did you not have a big company with lots of men u would have been up they with lord ALAN SUGAR

Rigsby can't understand u ,y the f**k did you not have a big company with lots of men u would have been up they with lord ALAN SUGAR

Oh that was my plan pre self employed. But plasterers are a breen on their own.

Kept it small and manageable, just.

Wouldn’t do it again, no chance. Waste of life. Wind back and I would have stayed on for gcse’s and become a gas engineer or plumber which is what I wanted to be. Certainly not the seasonal wet trades.

But I am lucky, still can work and earn my wages. Most spreads when I was an apprentice never reached 50 without becoming disabled or died from a heart attack.

My Teacher Albert Bailey got to his 65th Birthday and then retired. But he always had a labourer and only ever worked basic hours and daywork. I did go to his home once. A very basic Council House with nothing to show for 50 years of being a tradesman.

Wouldn’t do it again, no chance. Waste of life. Wind back and I would have stayed on for gcse’s and become a gas engineer or plumber which is what I wanted to be. Certainly not the seasonal wet trades.

But I am lucky, still can work and earn my wages. Most spreads when I was an apprentice never reached 50 without becoming disabled or died from a heart attack.

My Teacher Albert Bailey got to his 65th Birthday and then retired. But he always had a labourer and only ever worked basic hours and daywork. I did go to his home once. A very basic Council House with nothing to show for 50 years of being a tradesman.

Wow ,I am 54 still plastering but f**k me it so hard , been one man band thats

My Teacher Albert Bailey got to his 65th Birthday and then retired. But he always had a labourer and only ever worked basic hours and daywork. I did go to his home once. A very basic Council House with nothing to show for 50 years of being a tradesman.[/QUOthat's sad ,times have changed a bit

Plastering is hard. Now its mostly skimming its harder imo. On your joints.

Rendering is a bot of setting up then up to 3 hours doing. Clean up then same again in the afternoon. I have always had a labourer. Always will. All heavy lifting or back breaking cleaning up is their job. A leson taught by Albert Bailey.

Read the book ‘The Richest Man in Babylon’ better still listen to the audible.

Or as Dickens wrote in David Copperfield.

Annual income 20 shillings a year expenditure 19 shillings a year.
Result: Happiness and contemptment.

Annual income 20 shillings a year expenditure 21 shillings a year.
Result: Misery!

My grandparents said, spend a bit, save a bit, live a bit, but keep it all in moderation.

@Andy g I know you seem preeocupied with other things and seem to not take on board advice, but maybe you have too much going on in your life to see the wood from the trees?

You mentioned above your wife not being good, I don't know what context you mean that in, but if you need to raise finances, given the your work patters/mood seems to be I would say taking on more debt by remortgaging would not be good for your health long term.

Take it from someone who tried to expand business and borrowed to fo it and the added debt/stress was not worth it and made me ill, now is a good time to sell property in my opinion, most areas have surpassed the boom prices of 07/08 at last, some have smashed past those values, but with Brexit uncertainty and the usual rollercoaster property boom/bust cycle which historically comes around every decade we are due another bust/softening of real values and interest rates have got to keep creeping up.

I have just sold a property and very glad I did as like you mention, that money has freed me up for other opportunities which I am currently persuing.

Have you started listing all the positives in your life and thinking of the three nicest things to happen to you each day yet?