Selling my Cabstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigsby

TPF Special Forces
I have a Cabstar 35.13 pick up and bought it new in 09 as an ex demo with 5 miles on the clock. Full service history with genuine Nissan service parts and 42000 miles. 11 months mot.

Only critism is a slight rattle on the clutch bearing when cold but after a mile it disapears. Every Cabstar I have had since 90 has had this problem.

Dealers offered £4500 part exchange in swap for a new one and these sell for £6500 at dealers this age and mileage. Anyone who can give me £4500 by next Thursday can have it.

Not a plasterers vehicle but ideal for renderers or builders.

Location Sheffield.

Yes it is. 6 tyres all replaced last yeat with Michelins. Serviced last month as well. Next service 2. years or 18000 miles.

£100 each but did nearly 40k. This new one is 10 hp more. I like to change at 6 years. Had 1 ball joint and 1 minor electrical fault in 6 years.

Had my first Cabstar 13 years and hardly cost me anything. My previous Cabstar had front springs so bumpy as hell. But this one is like a car do drive and turns round easier than a London taxi cab. My Mondeo estate is 1" longer than the Cabstar but it carries 1.7 ton although I have never carried more than 1.2 ton. Great for the weight and can park it it the tightest parking space being no bonnet.

No, my first was a tipper. Had a job getting insurance. Most of my jobs now are render systems so palletised delivery. Like to have a skip full of hacking off nearby to wash the Ritmo into to.

Put it on ebay this morning for £4750 and sold it in 2 hours. 2 bid at the same time and the second bidder got right shirty with me.

Reckons he is coming round in the morning with cash anyway, but the other guy has bought it through ebay buy it now and paid a deposit.

Put it on ebay this morning for £4750 and sold it in 2 hours. 2 bid at the same time and the second bidder got right shirty with me.

Reckons he is coming round in the morning with cash anyway, but the other guy has bought it through ebay buy it now and paid a deposit.
Sounded a great deal ,perfect for a builder

Must have been a good deal and a tidy van for it to go that quick, are you getting another cabstar ? :)

Must have been a good deal and a tidy van for it to go that quick, are you getting another cabstar ? :)

Yes, a Cabstar NT400. Pick up Friday.

Sold my last Cabstar on ebay in 2 hours as well. Had a few calls while it was live but was spraying so couldn't answer the phone. Got to avoid this second bidder. The first must have bought it while I was talking to the second on the phone. Explains why the buy it now button didn't work for him.

Wish I put it to auction now starting at £4750

Always the way. I had a Suzuki jimny. I advertised it for £1250 for a month. Needed it gone so agreed over the phone a sale of £800 subject to veiwing. The fella lived hours away in Wales and couldn't come for a couple of days.

The day after a different fella turned up to view payed the full price in cash, didn't even haggle.

The first fella claimed it was his and I had no right to sell. Threatened court action and all sorts. Never heard anything in the end.

Always the way. I had a Suzuki jimny. I advertised it for £1250 for a month. Needed it gone so agreed over the phone a sale of £800 subject to veiwing. The fella lived hours away in Wales and couldn't come for a couple of days.

The day after a different fella turned up to view payed the full price in cash, didn't even haggle.

The first fella claimed it was his and I had no right to sell. Threatened court action and all sorts. Never heard anything in the end.
lol this happened to my in laws yesterday,he was expecting the eBay chap to come around 4pm a couple turned up and didn't speak much English, he asked if they were from eBay and they said yes they paid the full amount Witch he thought was strange as the eBay buyer paid less but he just asumed they didn't understand the eBay process so gave them the keys and off they went, the actual eBay buyer turned up shortly after needless to say he wasn't happy lol

I've just sold my mrs car on eBay yesterday , a fella bought it on a 2 grand deposit without even looking at it,I've had 7 calls on it yesterday wanting to buy it. The guy who's buying wanted to pay cash I said nope bank transfer only as if Id take a carrier bag of cash the numpty.

I had a q7 reverse into my last Cabstar. Cracked my bumper and bent the mountings. A small mark on the q7. It was what I thought was a gypo and he paid up in cash no bother. It turned out he was a Sheffield United player.

Chuffing hell, that second bidder is still ringing me! He has left an answer phone message, will read it tomorrow.

He rung up yesterday morning and said (by answerphone message) that he had traced the buyer and come to an aggreement. He has paid the buyer a commision and it is alright for him to come round and buy it instead.

Rung up the buyer and he didn't know anything about it?

Must be desperate.

I had a q7 reverse into my last Cabstar. Cracked my bumper and bent the mountings. A small mark on the q7. It was what I thought was a gypo and he paid up in cash no bother. It turned out he was a Sheffield United player.

I would have run over his toes being a blade.
up the owls.

He rung up yesterday morning and said (by answerphone message) that he had traced the buyer and come to an aggreement. He has paid the buyer a commision and it is alright for him to come round and buy it instead.

Rung up the buyer and he didn't know anything about it?

Must be desperate.

lol the stunts they try and pull

Status
Not open for further replies.