Self leveler

Status
Not open for further replies.

S a plastering

Private Member
Going on a new concrete floor with leveler does the concrete need priming
With anything or is it straight on with it was thinking sbr priming cheers chaps

you want stopgap 128 latex over concrete and you want 114 for a primer, ive done miles and miles of this:RpS_thumbup:

Im just waiting for asif to amend his post to "prime the concrete prior to leveling" after JACE & Beddy's answers.................:RpS_laugh:

Prime oh yes prime ,god damn it was a typo, damn iPad, prime every time, ps not on lots of self levelling specs to prime concrete but it is on some, hedging my bets, sitting on the fence,

mutley-pmsl_zpsd870cd73.gif

ive always primed to be sure to be sure and ive only used the water based leveler a few times and i dnt think its as good as the proper stopgap gear

Prime oh yes prime ,god damn it was a typo, damn iPad, prime every time, ps not on lots of self levelling specs to prime concrete but it is on some, hedging my bets, sitting on the fence,

covering all the bases eh asif.......................:RpS_laugh:

covering all the bases eh asif.......................:RpS_laugh:
I am right in that primer is not needed unless you purchase a self leveller which needs primer, I always read what the product I am using says so that if anything is remiss it is not down to my lack of knowledge,

I have seen self levelling come away from unprimed surfaces so for the sake of a tub of sbr why risk it. I always remember a customer told us he was going to level the floor himself over the weekend. Turned up monday and he must have mixed it like render peaks and valleys all over the place. He said 'i didnt know how to mix it. I thought it was meant to level itself out'

Status
Not open for further replies.