Seeking Plasterer for External Render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

brooky

Hi All,

I have a detached house (converted victorian school) that has typical render on a mix of brick and breeze block. A great deal of it is cracked, blown and looks terrible. We also have damp spots in the inside walls.

I think about 1/2 the house needs to be stripped off and redone.

How do I go about this? Should I seek a building company to take on the work or seek out a plasterer? The area is pretty big and to make it harder it's been patched up in places which may be hard to get off.

My wife thinks I can get all the old render off myself then PVA the walls ready but I'd rather get the pros in to do the lot.

Where should I start?

This picture shows the worst walls which are west facing getting the brunt of the weather. All the walls you can see need redoing and some to the rear.

We are based near Puckeridge just north of London.

Attachments

• IMG_2038.jpg
    IMG_2038.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 482
You need a good plastering contractor. You could hack off your self, but its best left to the plasterers.

Forget Pva it's not suitable for external use. Leave the prep to the plasterers.

Someone on here will be local and take a look. It'll probably be best left till spring now, due to the weather.

Hi Brooky my names shaun who would like to take on this job if u haven't already had it done give me a call on 07521362023 we could come n have a look I'm jlin south London

How cums that always happens pretty much every job that gets posted wen sum1 says Il cum and look the public arses fall out and never hear back wat the f**k is the point in posting in 1st place

Nicklarse asked to have a look a day after no reply from him he's put Job up then not done 1 more comment

Status
Not open for further replies.