Seeking firm for internal work as improver.

BigBish

I am sick and tired of rendering, have done it for 8 years and while the money in good. Last year I had about 8 weeks off due to weather. Machine is a pain to carry around ect and I want to learn to be a proper plasterer.

I have done a fair bit of skimming to a reasonable standard at my home and for friends. But Id like to learn it properly and go on with someone as an improver.

I have all the tools, speed skims, trowels megamixer van ect.

Live in essex but will travel

I also still get calls regularly for render work which can be passed on.

Not holding out much hope but thought id humbly request and help I can from you guys.

J

I am sick and tired of rendering, have done it for 8 years and while the money in good. Last year I had about 8 weeks off due to weather. Machine is a pain to carry around ect and I want to learn to be a proper plasterer.

I have done a fair bit of skimming to a reasonable standard at my home and for friends. But Id like to learn it properly and go on with someone as an improver.

Not holding out much hope but thought id humbly request and help I can from you guys.

J

If you're alright at skimming but just a bit slow, then why not just take on little jobs and get yourself up to speed that way?

Or take on the bigger jobs and get someone in to give you a hand?

J
Good luck with it mate I did the opposite, you will take to it like a duck to water with your rendering experience(y)

Mate I think you are a great guy try not to get to down about the rendering as you already have a great skill I’m gonna ask on Bg Scheme to see if there’s anyone down your way that may help tweak you up on internal work
That would be great mate

If you're alright at skimming but just a bit slow, then why not just take on little jobs and get yourself up to speed that way?

Or take on the bigger jobs and get someone in to give you a hand?

Because I want to learn from someone rather than youtube videos and winging it

Plus I dont have a reputation or the work for internals.

You could offer more to a plastering business than they could to you think about it most businesses haven't stepped into modern rendering with you they could and learn from you and vice versa, you would be a good asset to a plastering only business

To be honest ive not run out of work since I went on my own. Just lost the love for it but now and then i wouldn't mind as much.

Sick of checking the weather all the time.

To be honest ive not run out of work since I went on my own. Just lost the love for it but now and then i wouldn't mind as much.

Sick of checking the weather all the time.
thought checking the weather all the time was a national pass time. Anyway thing are looking up for rendering outside due to the global warming . :LOL:

So do it slowly. Don't sell your rendering gear just yet. If you render the outside of extensions, you must get offered the inside too.

Just do them and take your time. If anything big or anything that's more than skimming on board comes up then get a hand or ask on here.