Seeking advice please

Members online

Norrie kerr

Hi to you all...I have just added a rear extension to my home and I'm disgusted with roughcast. My builder firstly roughcasted pure white and my house is cream...it looked like a chess board lol. He agreed to re roughcast over first attempt but against his roughcaster advice coated over ingos again and it has left a horrendous finish at my patio doors and windows. Also bottom of walls are very un even and it looks really bad....it's there anything I can do to make jonlb presentable.....first finish was good but colour way out....second job colour a lot closer and good but finish terrible....thanks in advance for any info.

Hi to you all...I have just added a rear extension to my home and I'm disgusted with roughcast. My builder firstly roughcasted pure white and my house is cream...it looked like a chess board lol. He agreed to re roughcast over first attempt but against his roughcaster advice coated over ingos again and it has left a horrendous finish at my patio doors and windows. Also bottom of walls are very un even and it looks really bad....it's there anything I can do to make jonlb presentable.....first finish was good but colour way out....second job colour a lot closer and good but finish terrible....thanks in advance for any info.

Get some pictures up... there are a lot of renderers on here that can advise

20170410_074548.jpg
Wish now I had opted for painting but was assured it would be OK.
20170410_074538.jpg

Looks a bit patchy but might not have dried through yet, as said shots should clean off angles, seen plenty worse.

Bit of a clean up, new patio/ decking, summer evening some friends round, glass of prosecco and the barbecue asizzlin'....what's not to like? .....:fuckyou:

Reactions: Mag
Reveals I think?

Looks ok to me. Can't expect a perfect match with Roughcasting. Different mix ratio, wetness.

She was discussed at the beginning of the thread and now she thinks its a good job!!!

Meanwhile poor old builders probably had a right slagging!!!

These are the sort of punters that I loose sleep over!!!

Worlds gone mad!!!

She was discussed at the beginning of the thread and now she thinks its a good job!!!

Meanwhile poor old builders probably had a right slagging!!!

These are the sort of punters that I loose sleep over!!!

Worlds gone mad!!!

Attachments

• 20170421_195733.jpg
    20170421_195733.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 271
  • 20170421_195714.jpg
    20170421_195714.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 359
  • 20170421_195722.jpg
    20170421_195722.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 305
Hi zombie...ps I'm a bloke mate....to be honest still think job not good enough just glad to hear maybe not as bad as I thought...have posted pictures of the area around doors and windows that I think is poor mate!!

Hi zombie...ps I'm a bloke mate....to be honest still think job not good enough just glad to hear maybe not as bad as I thought...have posted pictures of the area around doors and windows that I think is poor mate!!
You sound like a woman.

Fair play mate, I agree reveals look dog s**t!

I can't see any way to sort that other than do the back section again not that much material involved Long as you get same mix the edge of ingos remind me of a tiger loaf best of luck

Where they originally dashed?

I suppose possible option could be to cut the depth out with a grinder.

Allowing for new render with dash.

Tbh though you need to have a good think first though as you've already decided to have redashed instead of over paint which has caused you issues with the bead profiles etc.

There's every possibility that by cutting into the reveals that you disturb the integratory of the joining render which could cause far more trouble down the line than just cosmetic details.

They may be able to add a dash coat over the top of the reveals as they are but not forced to look pretty.

Think long and hard about this 1 pal very easy to create a new problem that you may be unhappy with.

Good luck