Seeing as you brought it to our attention

Members online

No members online now.
I'm getting sick of this sent or not sent email scandal not being resolved so I'm sending this to BG
"Hi BG. You missed my last months pay off so your stuff is shite and going to burn my t shirts and scold you on TPF
Love Vince Clark
Then I'm sending Knauf this
Hi Knauf Guten tag anyhoo I think BG are shite so if you want a piece of me you better get your cash out or there will be consequences alles klar?? My t shirt size is L please vielen dank
Alles liebe
Herr Vince ze Clark

Funny enough I used it on Tuesday lol, I had a patching job in a cottage after it was re thatched, guess what though still had to pva as it was going off to quick
Keep going after about the 10th time using it you might like it.

This was the 3rd time and 5th bag, still needing pva though defeats the object, I used it again thinking it may be a cheat but not to be

You seem to be an intelligent chap, why would you assume that it kills suction? It says it sticks without PVA, it doesn't say kills suction like PVA.

It's so tiresome seeing people say that it pulls in quick. If we've all been on the tools a while its basics to understand suction control. It's for certain backgrounds not all of them unless you want to chase it.

I think its great for silk paints or shiney surfaces, i wouldn't bother on most surfaces however my point that i've always made stands- if it was the same price as multi then there would be no need for multi finish. You can use it as you do with multi and the odd ceiling or room that crops up you have the added bonus of not needing to pva it and wait for it to go tacky.

I'm not turning this in to another uni thread but it just bugs me seeing people say they needed PVA.

I would sooner lose board finish lol.

just do what i do nat
.......mixed it all together and just slap it on and hope for the best.

my kids had me grilling toffee crisps earlier.....christ i got some bollocking off her.

kids liked them so i suppose we cant please all the people all the time.

just do what i do nat
.......mixed it all together and just slap it on and hope for the best.

my kids had me grilling toffee crisps earlier.....christ i got some bollocking off her.

kids liked them so i suppose we cant please all the people all the time.

Lol grilling them? Did like a batterred mars bar though

You seem to be an intelligent chap, why would you assume that it kills suction? It says it sticks without PVA, it doesn't say kills suction like PVA.

It's so tiresome seeing people say that it pulls in quick. If we've all been on the tools a while its basics to understand suction control. It's for certain backgrounds not all of them unless you want to chase it.

I think its great for silk paints or shiney surfaces, i wouldn't bother on most surfaces however my point that i've always made stands- if it was the same price as multi then there would be no need for multi finish. You can use it as you do with multi and the odd ceiling or room that crops up you have the added bonus of not needing to pva it and wait for it to go tacky.

I'm not turning this in to another uni thread but it just bugs me seeing people say they needed PVA.

Because it says for Matt paint on the front of the bag, but given the job I was on, I just thought I'd give it a another go

As said above learn not to use it on high suction backgrounds,,, it has it's limitations.

I used it on a Matt painted ceiling... yes pulled a little faster but it still finished nice..... Though I did find it spits alot on ceilings. Not a fan of it but it's OK, no complaints. Topping with multi works a treat... just feels pointless carrying 2 lots of plaster around.

are we any nearer to a conclusion regarding the original unifail?
Will bg stand by the product/plasterer?
has blame been given/accepted?

are we any nearer to a conclusion regarding the original unifail?
Will bg stand by the product/plasterer?
has blame been given/accepted?

Yes it's been dealt with, outcome unknown as it's down to hstoke to inform us.

The impression I got bg was not at fault

Yes it's been dealt with, outcome unknown as it's down to hstoke to inform us.

The impression I got bg was not at fault
Ok , guess we will have to wait for the statute of limitations on whatever has been agreed by @hstoke & bg to pass before we will really know the details......cheers

Anyway I'm ready for the pelters dos n donts of plastering blah blah I applied the skim to "thick" and that's y it left the artex and crash all over the floor

Anyway I'm ready for the pelters dos n donts of plastering blah blah I applied the skim to "thick" and that's y it left the artex and crash all over the floor

but you need to coat it heavier on artex.....im on your side.

But rights or wrongs of whole thing bg did sort me out with a cash payment joking ,seriously they did sort it out no complaints in the end

Jesus. I did have faith in this product but now I'm not too sure. Sounds like they've bought your silence. What a load of bollox. f**k me. Make the lie big and make it simple.

What's too thick @hstoke?

Eh I can say what I want about it now it as taken along time to sort out Jan 12th
The guy phoned me about the ceiling then Gary from bg came out a few days later n then it got finalised about two week ago compo paid free t Shirt etc

Sorry I'm not being snotty, just tried 11 bags of the stuff and it's a bit worrying that they have paid you compo lol genuinely curious what bg said was the problem.

Jesus. I did have faith in this product but now I'm not too sure. Sounds like they've bought your silence. What a load of bollox. f**k me. Make the lie big and make it simple.

What's too thick @hstoke?
I won't lie to yer lads 6mm so yeh sounds to much but over a artex ceiling old boarding speedskiming f**k knows

6mm isn't unheard of in my world.... whilst I'm not saying you should, but often it happens when the going is rough.

Sorry you had the problem.... no one wants that call lol but least you hot something out of it.

I won't lie to yer lads 6mm so yeh sounds to much but over a artex ceiling old boarding speedskiming f**k knows

ive coated skim heavier than 6mm on ceilings....bullshit excuse from bg.

ive put 20mm of sand and cement on plyed ceilings building paper meshed scratched and coated onto rakes then skimmed.....it stayed there.

but i did skim a bedroom wall 3 weeks ago and it started to peel off when i put the first mist coat on it.

ive also k rended over pebble dash first plot was sound the second i was "told" by the boss it needs doing asap.......he was warned its gonna rain.....the slightest bit of spitting sent all the mesh sliding to the ground.

clean it up your fuucking self you stupid cuunt i told him

This was the 3rd time and 5th bag, still needing pva though defeats the object, I used it again thinking it may be a cheat but not to be
So you bang drum about how it's been promoted yet have used it not once but three times tut tut