Scud coat

Zanzibar26

Got a garage re-render coming up. Old dash hacked off back to red brick. Usually I use weber rendaid or sbr slurry and hit it while its tacky. Rendaid is out of stock in my area and sbr slurry is just a pain in the arse when your doing a 100 things at once. As far as throwing or stippling a scud on and leaving it a few days is a 2:1 sharp sand mix with 1.5 : 3 sbr to water the correct mix? What works for you guys?

A bag to about ten shovels of sand. Capful of mortar mix, cup of water proofer and cup of Pva. Wet enough to spread with dasher bir not too thin it didn't give much grip. Some ppl put a bag of roughcast stones into it too sometimes.

sounds likike you can answer your own question zazibar. 2/1 1/1. red bricks flake eventually. but we will all be well gone by then. id just use normal fine sharp. messy as it is without stones pinging in my chops.

Have anyone painted on SBR neat onto an old scratch coat then rendered over? I once had small render job to do where old render had been knocked off, I tried this and it seemed to work well, and I haven’t heard anything back about it, so must be ok