Scrimming angles on reskims

Members online

why would you not do it?

tape is cheap and will literally only take you a few minutes to do it and will make all the difference.....unless of course you're a cheap ass chancer called Nathaniel.

Just doing a job for a joiner, first job I've done for him, he's asking if I've scrimmed all joints because he doesn't want any cracking, a full flat has been bluegritted
I wouldn’t fancy skimming a full flat over blue grit!
Hopefully you have you have skrimed before putting that s**t on?

I wouldn’t fancy skimming a full flat over blue grit!
Hopefully you have you have skrimed before putting that s**t on?
Exactly, I would normally Scrim cracks and joints before the bluegrit, nope first day on job and all gritted, its s**t skimming on it anyway never-ending trying to get over grit plus scrim

Exactly my opinion aswell, if there's no cracks in existing angles I don't bother, obvious cracks etc yea.
Exactly this. If it's not cracked in 10years plus or whenever it was last plastered then why would it now.
Normal plasterboard in bathroom, not scrimming angles and still earn more a day than @carl-the-plasterer ever did :coffe:

Real pros scrim the angles around all sockets & switches ceiling wall abutments
.. End of...

Your welcome

Real pros scrim the angles around all sockets & switches ceiling wall abutments
.. End of...

Your welcome
Why the f**k would there be an angle round a socket or switch?

the angles around all sockets & switches ceiling wall abutments

Why the f**k would there be an angle round a socket or switch?

Erm.. because it's a 2-dimensional shape?

Generally, a socket cutout has four 90degree angles, which means it's a square or rectangle.

...or do you always work with circular or elliptical socket and switch cutouts?

He didn't say angle-beads.

He said angles.

What's scrim
f**k*d if i know. This man is scrimmed up. Why the f**k people are doing that on building sites i dont know

sniper-scarf-veil-russian.jpg

Erm.. because it's a 2-dimensional shape?

Generally, a socket cutout has four 90degree angles, which means it's a square or rectangle.

...or do you always work with circular or elliptical socket and switch cutouts?

He didn't say angle-beads.

He said angles.
There is no angle that could possibly crack on a plug socket.... Please explain how it could and why you would need to scrim it

This should be interesting

There is no angle that could possibly crack on a plug socket.... Please explain how it could and why you would need to scrim it

This should be interesting

This evening, you've learned that there are 4 angles in a rectangle.

I can't be responsible for telling you everything - that's the job of the television.

This evening, you've learned that there are 4 angles in a rectangle.

I can't be responsible for telling you everything - that's the job of the television.
I've learnt some people "scrim the angles of sockets" and others are so determined to try and make the genius on this site wrong about something that they chime in and agree this might be a good idea.

Making themselves look a tit as usual in the process