Scrim

nickelarse

Private Member
What's the best scrim going atm and where are you getting it from.
Just tried to get some catnic which I used to use and everyone seems to be out of stock. They said it's comes through that steel plant which is odd

I got it off p1ss, about £2

Edit: just looked 1-90 +vat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Tata steel own catnic so that scrim might be a thing of the past. It's the best scrim i've used .

Just tried to get some catnic which I used to use and everyone seems to be out of stock. They said it's comes through that steel plant which is odd
Just tried this white one called perfect finish is quite sticky not had a lot of boarding yet to say if it's any better over night. The orange one is okay not had it fraying,sticks but still think it needs to be a bit stickier tbh but it does stick,lol
WP_20160412_17_17_37_Pro.jpg
WP_20160412_17_18_00_Pro.jpg

A place in Wolverhampton stock catnic scrim @nicklearsre there called contract beads there quite competitive on the pricing and also deliver hope it helps[emoji106]

Pbsl online or whatsitscalled does catnic or euro for 1.90 I think, never used them tho

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just tried this white one called perfect finish is quite sticky not had a lot of boarding yet to say if it's any better over night. The orange one is okay not had it fraying,sticks but still think it needs to be a bit stickier tbh but it does stick,lol
View attachment 11170 View attachment 11171
That perfect finish wipes the floor with all mentioned.
Superior in strength and thinner than most of them.expensive though.
The specs are online.

+1 to the coloured scrim. Makes it easier to see where you've been and my old eyes arnt what they used to be !

That perfect finish wipes the floor with all mentioned.
Superior in strength and thinner than most of them.expensive though.
The specs are online.
Did feel like that was stronger than normal tape thought it was weird that the meshing was so close together instead of just normal squares ..only used half a roll but got a downstairs of a house to board out next week I keep posted if it's any good..
Finally there might be a tape that works (just a shame it's not a pretty colour, pink would be good).

Did feel like that was stronger than normal tape thought it was weird that the meshing was so close together instead of just normal squares ..only used half a roll but got a downstairs of a house to board out next week I keep posted if it's any good..
Finally there might be a tape that works (just a shame it's not a pretty colour, pink would be good).
I am not aware of any tape that is stronger than fiba perfect finish,used loads of it..I was using catnic for 6 months but as said stocking issues.

Used to like using Silver scrim by everbuild, but haven't seen it anywhere in stock over here this last few years.