Scrim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beads from jewsons are the worst there splay out on both sides need to use like a 1000 staples for 1 bead and you put abit of skim on them and it shoots off its like there have created the world's worst bead on purpose there must coat the beads with sumat to make ur skim shoot off..any1 else noticed that?

Beads from jewsons are the worst there splay out on both sides need to use like a 1000 staples for 1 bead and you put abit of skim on them and it shoots off its like there have created the world's worst bead on purpose there must coat the beads with sumat to make ur skim shoot off..any1 else noticed that?
The ones I've been having from travis perkins lately have been like that, shocking beads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You still on here talking about plastering materials :rayos: haha
Jewsons stuff can be s**t from time to time. Sometimes the beads are made from tin foil. Flimsy and splay right out.

Ano footy on in background whilst chatting s**t on here..ye dnt really like jewsons checky f**k**s don't even cover boards up wen bringing pallets out..u can see how fast it's dried out around beads surprised it hasn't cracked tbh

The ones I've been having from travis perkins lately have been like that, shocking beads!

We bought a handful from there a few weeks ago 4 a domestic job took them bk and asked to swap so he took us in store room opened 5 boxes and there were all same splayed rite out told him u need to get another supplier..least we got beads for nowt mind

We bought a handful from there a few weeks ago 4 a domestic job took them bk and asked to swap so he took us in store room opened 5 boxes and there were all same splayed rite out told him u need to get another supplier..least we got beads for nowt mind

I had the same last week they were catnic which i dont usually use and know why now.

I had the same last week they were catnic which i dont usually use and know why now.
We are on them catnic 1s now as used that 1st box we got from jewsons up but there wasn't catnic..these arnt the best but there better than them home brand jewsons 1s..

I've been using that for taping and really like it. You'll never get a blown tape because the gear goes through it.

Do you use it because its specified or personal choice? I only ask as its 2016 dont you know?!

Do you use it because its specified or personal choice? I only ask as its 2016 dont you know?!
I've always used paper tape for internals and scrim for flat joints when taping, but saw good reviews about the fibafuse so gave it a go and like it. None of my work is 'crash bang wallop' do it as fast as you can s**t, it's all about the best possible finish, so if it takes a bit longer, so what. I charge accordingly.

I've always used paper tape for internals and scrim for flat joints when taping, but saw good reviews about the fibafuse so gave it a go and like it. None of my work is 'crash bang wallop' do it as fast as you can s**t, it's all about the best possible finish, so if it takes a bit longer, so what. I charge accordingly.

What do you use to butter your tapes on with?

Fiba fuse is tip top for filler taping,but tried a bit with multi on plasterboard
Didn't react well above a few headers above doors.don't think it's designed for finish plaster.if I'm wrong tell me.but it is major strong,yet when you look at it's make up it looks weak.

What do you use to butter your tapes on with?
74e426dbd96417b68e11c065fd207e10.jpg

Put the gear in the corner, bed the tape, roll over with a bit more gear, then wipe off.

Fiba fuse is tip top for filler taping,but tried a bit with multi on plasterboard
Didn't react well above a few headers above doors.don't think it's designed for finish plaster.if I'm wrong tell me.but it is major strong,yet when you look at it's make up it looks weak.
I'd say you're right. You need to be careful when bedding it in the corners that you don't slice it with your trowel or knife.

74e426dbd96417b68e11c065fd207e10.jpg

Put the gear in the corner, bed the tape, roll over with a bit more gear, then wipe off.

Sorry tony i meant what filler?
When i first started paper taping we used a joint compound called blue diamond in 25kg bags
If its a big job i will use gyproc joint filler but could do with sourcing something in 25 kg again, do you know of any?

Last edited:
Sorry tony i meant what filler?
When i first started paper taping we used a joint compound called blue diamond in 25kg bags
If its a big job i will use gyproc joint filler but could do with sourcing something in 25 kg again, do you know of any?
I use Easifill, BG Joint Filler or joint cement. The setting compounds do a better job IMO as you get a bit of shrinkage with the air drying compounds. I finish the internals with joint cement though.

Dsn't matter to me how good it is there's no way u can pass on £10 a roll to clients etc wen can get euro scrim for £2.50..is it £10 a roll like? Just rumour I heard

Dsn't matter to me how good it is there's no way u can pass on £10 a roll to clients etc wen can get euro scrim for £2.50..is it £10 a roll like? Just rumour I heard
For £10 a roll it wud have to urwrap itself and scrim up by itself whilst I have a brew

Don't think it's that expensive tbh just looked think it's about £6 a roll but its still double cost of euro scrim

Best place for us is galaxy insulations in Leeds euro scrim its bang on u can scrim nite b4 and it will still be on walls/ceilings nxt day and its about £2.60 a roll prob cheaper if u bought a big box hate using any other scrim than euro scrim

Status
Not open for further replies.