Scrim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new coloured rolls that BG have brought out? I thought there were double the price if its same price fair enough I'l give it a bash,that jewsons scrim is awful

Used to use some grey stuff was the bollox ,super sticky never an issue then seemed to dissapear quick as it arrived like all good things that work too well.

Used to use some grey stuff was the bollox ,super sticky never an issue then seemed to dissapear quick as it arrived like all good things that work too well.
The silver rolls? There were the dogs years ago but it got s**t..any1 use euro scrim? Best scrim out there I reckon only ever had a couple of dodgy rolls

I use the catnic Orange all the time now as j get it on a decent price and I believe it's a lot stickeyer nothing worse than taping a ceiling the night before and coming back in the morning and it's all come away [emoji28]

Does the tape last well if you buy in small bulk and store it? Does it keep its stickiness. I've always been one to just buy as I go but will start bulk buying beads, tape, PVA etc.

The silver rolls? There were the dogs years ago but it got s**t..any1 use euro scrim? Best scrim out there I reckon only ever had a couple of dodgy rolls
You're right that one is good..think it's about time all scrim just did it's job flipping drives me potty when it falls off !!! A bit like me artex ceilings I skimmed the other week when they fell off no worst feeling.

Does the tape last well if you buy in small bulk and store it? Does it keep its stickiness. I've always been one to just buy as I go but will start bulk buying beads, tape, PVA etc.

I buy bulk beads and tape works out cheaper and less running around!!!

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1450606497.581661.jpg

To be honest I'll try and find some on one of the warehouse websites. Get the lot in one go and hopefully a freebie thrown in (y)
If u bulk buy u can get scrim cheap as chips guy we do abit of work for bought 500 rolls once and cost him £2 a roll..or and it was orange scrim not sure if was catnic but it was s**t told him not bring it again and he was like but I've got 500 rolls said dnt care its s**t it was that bad we had to fire sum staples in scrim to keep it to wall wunt even hold stick for 2 mins never mind over nite

If u bulk buy u can get scrim cheap as chips guy we do abit of work for bought 500 rolls once and cost him £2 a roll..or and it was orange scrim not sure if was catnic but it was s**t told him not bring it again and he was like but I've got 500 rolls said dnt care its s**t it was that bad we had to fire sum staples in scrim to keep it to wall wunt even hold stick for 2 mins never mind over nite

Yeah, definitely have to know it's good before ordering a load of it. Bad scrim should be banned! There's far too much s**t out there

Yeah, definitely have to know it's good before ordering a load of it. Bad scrim should be banned! There's far too much s**t out there
Ano it shud be a crime end of day there should check it all b4 its shipped out of the factory as its not 2 much to have adhesive on the scrim some have none whatsoever on them end of day u shudnt have to buy extra sticky scrim or whatever it claims on the packet..FCK me you know ur bored shitless wen having a debate about scrim..waiting for footy to start watching homes under the hammer

Just looked on a website 12 rolls for £63..nah there can keep there fancy scrim..who said £2-3 a roll?

@Plasterers1StopShop sell euro scrim, I got mine there best I have got my hands on in a long time. Think it's 1-95 plus vat a roll

Edit: just looked and its 1-90, 3-60 for the 4 inch stuff (90m)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ano it shud be a crime end of day there should check it all b4 its shipped out of the factory as its not 2 much to have adhesive on the scrim some have none whatsoever on them end of day u shudnt have to buy extra sticky scrim or whatever it claims on the packet..FCK me you know ur bored shitless wen having a debate about scrim..waiting for footy to start watching homes under the hammer
you don't need to read the thread - if there is a product that makes the job a bit easier - it's ok to post about it - no ones debating which is best - just showing which they find is better

I'd have to order online for it gyproc & id forget to , so it's handy to drive in at RnJ for the other which is a lot better that what TP have in

Fiba fuse from belmore is supposed to have even greater strength than paper tape.
I've been using that for taping and really like it. You'll never get a blown tape because the gear goes through it.

Never bought anything that was any good from R&J, if they even get the order correct. s**t beads, s**t scrim, fine thread instead of coarse thread collated screws. Totally incompetent.

Status
Not open for further replies.