Scrim Troubles

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Mart

Is it me or does all scrim tape go to shite after about a meter?? :mad: Have used a couple of brands but they all frey off the edge.

Does anyone else have this trouble?? If not tell me what your using??

ha ha ha it drives you mad dont it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it even comes away from the inside of the roll!! ...........i end up with half of it around my fingers and have to cut myself free or you have to use precision acuracy on the corners cause weve got three strands left!.....yes mate scrim of late is shite!

You would think that you could buy a roll of scrim and at least get to the finish without looking like youve spent the day in an S&M club!! (Not that i would know anything about that like...Ahem!!! ;D

its got to be better than fibatape it gets worse by the day!!

i've been using wickes recently as well, its good stuff but its nearly a fiver a roll, i'll have a go at the silver too....

The first person to invent frey free scrim will retire a rich man!! You would think this problem should be addressed by the manufacturers... Then again they sell more cos it freys so looks like were stuck with the shite :'(

yeh we get to the point of trying to unwind it and when we do youve got the spare thread so it ends up on the floor aaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Wonder how easy hessian was to apply???

All the same think i'll stick to the scrim thank you very much!!! ;) ;D

got a tip off another spread short while back for that shite scrim...
stick it on the halogen for 5 minutes...

i swear by silver scrim, its all ill use now its a lot stronger so dosnt fray as much, like all scrim though it dosnt get properly adhesive until half down the roll! transtools does the best price around as seen in the previous post, its summat like 6 or 7 quid down the merchants

Wonder how easy hessian was to apply???

All the same think i'll stick to the scrim thank you very much!!! ;) ;D
hessian or jute scrim was used mostly for the ceiling lines,an it was a bast.

about 6 ft by 2ft and 3/4 of an inch thick an a tight coat of bonding before scim,that the stuff pft?

spent half your life cutting with them things but once fixed they made a solid wall out of a stud!

we should all get onto trading standards seriously it's all shite !

Scrim bloody scrim it can fook your trowle up with glue and then not stick to anything :mad: its just there to pee you off :p but on the other hand it can cover holes in board smashed by bloody sparks, stop cracking and tie ladders to a scaffold so its a god send on one hand a bain in the other, but it beats having to scrim up with bandage scrim like it was years ago, skim all the joints then run the scrim over :( but at least then you got paid for it im confused :-?

yeah but the new stuffs gotta be better than thje old stuff which had to be stuck up with finish and the hessian which was like putting up carpet hahaha!

i tink ive got it, if you dont fight it the loose ends will roll up and fall off by itself............unless it falls apart in the middle of the roll then youre fooked!!!! ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.