Screws

John j

Mono Don
Best stainless steel galvanised no f**k**g rust at all screws for fixing soil pipe back on to insulation boards . Be grateful if they are at screw fix as I.m near there today

Best stainless steel galvanised no f**k**g rust at all screws for fixing soil pipe back on to insulation boards . Be grateful if they are at screw fix as I.m near there today

Stainless steel and galv are different.

Galv are dipped in zinc, if you scratch or burr them rust will appear soon after, then streaks of rust.

Stainless though - if you want to get finicky - won't, but you will need to get the Stainless bits to drive them in to guarantee no rust formation.

Usually coastal work or marine......

Just for a soil, I'd use quality coated screws.

These come in boxes that you should be able to steam open, remove the number of required screws, reseal and return Squeaky.
Screenshot_20211002-084130.png

I.ll sell em on as singles

Amazing how many chancer pricks on eBay do exactly that, with Milwaukee pozi bits and the like.

Stainless though - if you want to get finicky - won't, but you will need to get the Stainless bits to drive them in to guarantee no rust formation.

Haven't heard that one before. I'm assuming you mean little burrs and chips from the driver bit may be deposited inside the stainless head, and those burrs or chips may then rust.

You don't mean to say that that would lead to the actual stainless screws rusting, do you?

Genuine question - always open to learning something new.

stainless tend to round off or snap

True.

I learned that one the hard way, too.

Last edited:
Amazing how many chancer pricks on eBay do exactly that, with Milwaukee pozi bits and the like.

Haven't heard that one before. I'm assuming you mean little burrs and chips from the driver bit may be deposited inside the stainless head, and those burrs or chips may then rust.

You don't mean to say that that would lead to the actual stainless screws rusting, do you?

Genuine question - always open to learning something new.

True.

I learned that one the hard way, too.
Stainless steel can rust if it comes into contact with mild steel.

stainless is normally a good but is nowhere near as strong as it has now the sile strength to speak of.
Stainless steel can rust if it comes into contact with mild steel.

If you use copper slip between the two metals you won't get the dissimilar corrosion.

Using steel bolt in an aluminium block is hell...

Last edited:
Brass is cheaper