Screws you like...

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMK

Stick with the branded ones mate, not worth the risk over a few quid, you price em into your job anyway.

I find the tradeline ones from travis Perkins are spot on, good for fixing to wood and metal systems.

i know but we had a few boxes of each on a job a while back and i prefered the finer threads on timber. dont know why. never used it on metal studs.

I only use senco duraspin screws. Makita collated screw guns are rubbish. The rubber stopper on the nose falls off, eventually gets lost and 4 holes that hold it in place are left open so screws get stuck in the holes. Just my opinion.....

i got hilti screwgun and just use cheap screws of rip bay.
No problems with them.Your just paying for a brand with makitta screws think i paid about £60 for 10,000 50 mm coarse threads screws

I got a makita LXT screwgun which I like. I have 3000 collated screws(makita) in the garage that are a load of shite. I use Timco or Spax with no problems. hope that helps ;)

always find that the makita ones always end up getting stuck in the end of the gun ,usually buy them from d.i.p.t ,just had a look at those and ended up buying 10000 brilliant price

Status
Not open for further replies.