Screws for render board

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Bobby

Best thing to do is contact wherever you got the boards and ask them to price....

If you are going into timber, you can get the Knauf Aquapanel Exterior Maxi Screw SN39 now in collated strips - 1000 in a box.... works out cheaper and easier to install

By all means, give me a shout if you want to discuss further

Richard Lord
07918 766577
rlord@knauf.co.uk
Go with collated Bobby I couldn't find any so I did singles takes forever cost me a lot in wages[emoji19] as I'm use to using collated internally.
Heads up as well if you ever use render pro boards instead of Knauf you now need dpc on top of each lat, to comply regs

Go with collated Bobby I couldn't find any so I did singles takes forever cost me a lot in wages[emoji19] as I'm use to using collated internally.
Heads up as well if you ever use render pro boards instead of Knauf you now need dpc on top of each lat, to comply regs

Would the screws not just puncture the dpc ?

What collated stainless screws?

You need dpc where?

I don't get the need for DPC..... surely, this layer of DPC will get the dew forming on it and cause more problems than any potential moisture in a treated timber batten.....

I have seen this on the latest literature with systems using MGO boards... so must be a requirement for them?

Not a requirement with Knauf Aquapanel Exterior .......... Treated Timber Battens only.

What collated stainless screws?

Hi Bobby

The Knauf Aquapanel Exterior Maxi Screws SN39 are not Stainless Steel, but are fully tested for external use and backed by Knauf. They are double galvanized and then ceramic coated, fully tested to maximum timespan in EN salt water advanced age test without any issues

We do have Stainless Steel Screws, but not collated....

I don't get the need for DPC..... surely, this layer of DPC will get the dew forming on it and cause more problems than any potential moisture in a treated timber batten.....

I have seen this on the latest literature with systems using MGO boards... so must be a requirement for them?

Not a requirement with Knauf Aquapanel Exterior .......... Treated Timber Battens only.
I agree mate but I just got caught out with it and thought I would give everyone else the heads up, Knauf boards next time [emoji6]

You have a cavity with air flow to dry and keep dry why then add a dpc strip ? You have a full membrane covering the subframe too ?? What a crock of shizz.

Status
Not open for further replies.