screeding labour prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

screedmaster

hi im a screeder in the london/kent area is it me or are screeding labour prices getting tighter been in the game 25yrs and though worked all through the current climate never been so cut throat having to smash down 150m2 a day in a 2man gang to make a decent wage:RpS_scared::RpS_scared::RpS_scared:

Tighter and tighter pal, my friend is been offered work at ridiculously low rates, he is London sw16 based.

Screeding is definitely one of the aspects of our trade that should never ever be done on low prices, there's just to much wear and tear on the body to do it on the cheap IMO.

I got offered a floor in Cardiff a while back, had to lay membrane, insulation and another membrane and tape it all, then put 75mm of screed down £3.50m2, would have cost me 50p a m2 to get there, not for me, but then i have heard of screeders working away for £2.25-2.50 m2.

I got offered a floor in Cardiff a while back, had to lay membrane, insulation and another membrane and tape it all, then put 75mm of screed down £3.50m2, would have cost me 50p a m2 to get there, not for me, but then i have heard of screeders working away for £2.25-2.50 m2.

they must have thought that they had found a monkeys plaything

Supply and fit was £17.50 a metre to my knowledge, coloured power floated concrete is £100'a metre squared where I am working..

Personally I reckon you want your head examining if you'll screed full stop...........maybe that's my knees and my back talking :RpS_crying:
With you there,left knee needs a prosthetic ,right knee is 3 with 5 been the worst possible condition, so , no fn screening ever again, happy to be working and even walking sometimes

Someone did a 1600m2 75mm thick floor on a school near me recently for £12m2 supply and lay....site mix,fibres with a pump...getting ridiculous..............thats why i love the liquid now, got 5 this week, i did 176m2 yesterday didnt get there till 12, after setting up....done in 1hr 15min........mind you back on the semi dry next week, working away in cheddar, 3 days with the pump 400m2 digs paid £5m2 labour only, rates here in west wales tend to be £4-£5m2.

The £2.25-2.50 rate i said about in an earlier post were from UKscreeders based in Bristol.

Screeding used to be one of the best earners within our trade not so long ago, how can rates have gone that low?

2quid the lads that are doin the apartments for bovis homes they look wheel fckd by the time they go ome ha

Someone did a 1600m2 75mm thick floor on a school near me recently for £12m2 supply and lay....site mix,fibres with a pump...getting ridiculous..............thats why i love the liquid now, got 5 this week, i did 176m2 yesterday didnt get there till 12, after setting up....done in 1hr 15min........mind you back on the semi dry next week, working away in cheddar, 3 days with the pump 400m2 digs paid £5m2 labour only, rates here in west wales tend to be £4-£5m2.

The £2.25-2.50 rate i said about in an earlier post were from UKscreeders based in Bristol.

the liquid screed prices have also dropped, we were laying flo screed at £8 a metre a few years back labour only, it paid the 20 grand I paid for my v2 back in a year. £5 a metre now, £3 in a few years time and down it goes.

i quite look forward to a day or 2 screeding when it comes up but even saying that now i know by time im finished im a broken man and never want to do another days screed again haha.

I love the screeding i always do my own floors in swimming pools, it's hard work but the beer tastes even better in the evening then !! i have done thousands of m2 over the years this plus the tiling has given me rheumatism in my right knee, i will carrie on doing it as long as i can ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.