screeding boj jobs

Members online

Nigel Dear

Hi I am a private developer and recently engaged with a local Gyvlon approved contractor to lay 200 Sqm of thermio plus liquid screed. I have attached a few photos for anyone interested to see how poor the results are.
These cowboys kept telling me that they have done all they can following several grinding visits to repair and if payment was not forthcoming they will sabotage the floor and even told me to finish it myself, they are now threatening me with court lol (I can't wait for that lol) Gyvlon, the company who trained and approved these angry incompetent monkeys are not interested either.

Would love to hear if anyone has a point of view on these results.

Attachments

• screed floor 139.jpg
    screed floor 139.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 781
  • winter 152.jpg
    winter 152.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 758
  • winter 147.jpg
    winter 147.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 722
Not much to be done, it is what it is, just screed over it and carry on with the development

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hi thanks for replying, they did dapple I saw them do it from a distance, then they spent 2 days grinding and left.
Damn how they manage to f**k that up then! Best option will be to get a load of self-levelling compound over it won't be Cheap but not that bad.

i would lay an sbr screed over that floor. you would need to add 25mm or 1 inch to the floor level.

Well if they've f**k*d it up and they we're cheap they could be polish,Bulgarian or scotish!!
I know there are some good lads out there but there a lot of s**t ones also

I understand why you ask as there are a few chancers out there, but these have been screeding for years and have a website stipulating massive claims about how good they are. I can't wait to see them in court at their request. When the case is over I will reveal who they are, but I just want my day in court.
Fair enough, orangemachineman is down your way, he might be able to help you out rectify the situation

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I subbed a liquid screed floor out to a guy a year ago who apparently had been doing them for years (he was on this forum ) and what he left me with was worse than that.
220 Sqm all f**k*d cost me £7k to put it right.
I now use a guy regularly who is spot on with the floors

Never mind the floor , get your sparkies to tuck there cables into the box's. The rough cnuts............:mad:

The flow was not flowing enough, the mixers spin it up not realising its makes it go off quicker, should have done flow test and added water.probably on hot day aswell. When dappleing it looks although it's fine but it gelled over already. Always have a slump of 260mm
Best bet to use tile master anhylevel from horncastle tiles

I subbed a liquid screed floor out to a guy a year ago who apparently had been doing them for years (he was on this forum ) and what he left me with was worse than that.
Did it have ufh?

Who was
it?