screed rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

beddy

Looking at ordering a couple of ally rules for the few screed jobs I do a year. So far ill use levels or 4x2 timber but want something a bit better. What sizes do you use? 2x2? 3x2? Not sure what lengths to order aswell. I was thinking a 2.4 or 3m and then a couple smaller.

And finally do you buy them off dik turpin refina or use an ally suppliers that could cut them too length although if thats the case id need to know what thickness ally to order.

Cheers

i like screeding rules to be about 5 x 2, you do not want your fingers dragging in the screed as you rule in.
the longest rule that i have is 3m then 2.4, 2m and 1m. most of them where purchased at refina , some are years old.
we never use tubes or rails as guides, wooden spots on a large area like a supermarket floor, just screeds on housing.

If you go through walls and ceilings in alcester they don't charge you the carriage, they have been dealing with refina for years. Ask for Paul on tool sales.

I use handtoolxpress in brum for refina. Cheaper and free delivery. Just sure if one from a wholesale ally shop would be better

I use handtoolxpress in brum for refina. Cheaper and free delivery. Just sure if one from a wholesale ally shop would be better

Depending on the stock you buy they prob would be cos the wall thickness could be 6.5mm rather than say 3mm. I made a 1M one for nowt yesterday cos i was in my mates scrap yard and found a piece of rectangular tube that was straight and true so, if you pass any scrap yards it may be worth a pop in and ask.

I had a load of different cut down box screeds, all bought at 3m from Vagina.A few years ago i leant 2 of em to a so called mate who used em to lay concrete and he left em coverd in crap.Never lend anyone your tools.

Well I got a 5m 3x2 cut into 2.3 1.7 and 1.0 used them Saturday and they're just the job

Status
Not open for further replies.