Screed pump advise

aplastering

Hi everyone, Im looking for bit of advice.
Do I have to register s/c screed pump to be legal on road and also are there any legislation/ permission I need to apply to be legal using pump?

Hi everyone, Im looking for bit of advice.
Do I have to register s/c screed pump to be legal on road and also are there any legislation/ permission I need to apply to be legal using pump?
Obviously depending on how old you are as to whether you're legal to tow on a standard license.
I'm allowed to tow legally which is madness. I'm hopeless.

You can tow up to 750kg with out a trainer license, or if your born before March 1997 you have grandfather rights and can drive with out.
Pumps like the sp11 and v2 are right on the limit at around 720-740 ish.
It’s the same principal of any road vehicle, ie it has to be of road sutability ie not bald tyres or defective lights etc.
And your weight is still only 3.5 tonne gross with a van and the pump combined.
The old bill/vospa stopped me last year, with the pump on, nothing was a miss as it’s a new van and the pump had new tyres, they put me on the weigh bridge I was 2.9 tonne gross.

You can tow up to 750kg with out a trainer license, or if your born before March 1997 you have grandfather rights and can drive with out.
Pumps like the sp11 and v2 are right on the limit at around 720-740 ish.
It’s the same principal of any road vehicle, ie it has to be of road sutability ie not bald tyres or defective lights etc.
And your weight is still only 3.5 tonne gross with a van and the pump combined.
The old bill/vospa stopped me last year, with the pump on, nothing was a miss as it’s a new van and the pump had new tyres, they put me on the weigh bridge I was 2.9 tonne gross.

Its a joke really I picked up a kit car last year... I was under 3500kgs but because I am young I am only allowed to tow 750kgs well my trailer was heavier than that....

I chanced it and because everything else was in check and the tow vehicle did not look out of place I got away with it....

At the time I was lead to believe I was legal as if you read online it gets a bit grey and believed that because I was under 3500 I was ok.... did not realise that is is done on MAM weight... even if the trailer is empty if it is plated to carry 3500kg then they assume it is carrying...

Its a joke really I picked up a kit car last year... I was under 3500kgs but because I am young I am only allowed to tow 750kgs well my trailer was heavier than that....

I chanced it and because everything else was in check and the tow vehicle did not look out of place I got away with it....

At the time I was lead to believe I was legal as if you read online it gets a bit grey and believed that because I was under 3500 I was ok.... did not realise that is is done on MAM weight... even if the trailer is empty if it is plated to carry 3500kg then they assume it is carrying...
Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's a bit grey. You're just another uninsured driver.

Don't talk to me about screed. pumps I spent years using one .the big old beast . No wonder my backs knackered. :tonto:

U can pull up to 3500kg. In total. So if you're van is 1800kg u can pull 1700kg. I was looking into caravans and found this all out.

Yep a caravan would be different,
But my transit weighs about 2.7 unloaded then a pump at 750 Im right on it.

So basically if your car and trailer are under 3500kg for the 2 of them u can pull it

Licences issued from 1 January 1997
If you passed your car driving test on or after 1 January 1997 you can:

• drive a car or van up to 3,500kg maximum authorised mass (MAM) towing a trailer of up to 750kg MAM
  • tow a trailer over 750kg MAM as long as the combined MAM of the trailer and towing vehicle is no more than 3,500kg
MAM is the limit on how much the vehicle can weigh when it’s loaded.
You have to pass the car and trailer driving test if you want to tow anything heavier.

your MAM is where it complicates it.... if your trailer is MAM plated for say 3000Kgs (ie a car trailer) and your car weighs 1600kgs then that will be 4600 kgs :D even if you stuck that trailer and tow vehicle on a weigh bridge and it came in under 3500 you would still be illegal to tow....

Licences issued from 1 January 1997
If you passed your car driving test on or after 1 January 1997 you can:

• drive a car or van up to 3,500kg maximum authorised mass (MAM) towing a trailer of up to 750kg MAM
  • tow a trailer over 750kg MAM as long as the combined MAM of the trailer and towing vehicle is no more than 3,500kg
MAM is the limit on how much the vehicle can weigh when it’s loaded.
You have to pass the car and trailer driving test if you want to tow anything heavier.

your MAM is where it complicates it.... if your trailer is MAM plated for say 3000Kgs (ie a car trailer) and your car weighs 1600kgs then that will be 4600 kgs :D even if you stuck that trailer and tow vehicle on a weigh bridge and it came in under 3500 you would still be illegal to tow....
only in Britain do u get all this shite I said Britain because the great bit is now dead put 2 bikes on and f it

Yup I am actually looking at doing the test so I can tow now as I need to get a car trailer and be able to pick and deliver cars