Scratchcoat for dry dash

Members online

rt88

Not posted for a while but got conflicting ideas on how to go about a job. I've got a chimney to dry dash which isn't a massive job. When working with my dad and his boss I was always taught scratcoat one day then dry dash on another which obviously on a full house or whatever is how I would always go about it. But where I currently work with local authority because we are only really doing patch jobs we are told to scratchcoat first thing and cast late on in the day. Now with this job I'm thinking I should do it over two afternoons and split the internal job I'm on over two mornings. But at the same time I'm thinking if it would be ok to get it done in one day it would save alot of hassle from travelling between and loading and unloading tools etc. Any advice welcome. Cheers

Not posted for a while but got conflicting ideas on how to go about a job. I've got a chimney to dry dash which isn't a massive job. When working with my dad and his boss I was always taught scratcoat one day then dry dash on another which obviously on a full house or whatever is how I would always go about it. But where I currently work with local authority because we are only really doing patch jobs we are told to scratchcoat first thing and cast late on in the day. Now with this job I'm thinking I should do it over two afternoons and split the internal job I'm on over two mornings. But at the same time I'm thinking if it would be ok to get it done in one day it would save alot of hassle from travelling between and loading and unloading tools etc. Any advice welcome. Cheers
Rapid set cement for the scratch?

Rapid set cement for the scratch?
Its pre bagged render I've been bought for it to match the house, all fell off when they where changing the lead putting the new roof on. But that's a good shout for sand and cement. Suppose I could just buy an accelerator just wasnt sure if it was frowned upon doing it the same day. My times not officially out til September so just thought I'd make the most of my last few months getting away with apprentice questions

I wouldn't personally, do it in one day, just bang it on and hope it doesn't fall off while your still at work. :LOL:

If it’s enewall gear. Put a bit of normal cement in it. Goes off rapid!
That's exactly what I've got surerend enewall, that's what most the merchants round here stock. I'll throw a bit of accelerator in the scratch and maybe give the bit of cement a bash! Cheers for the advice as always lads

Webber one coat dash Receiver
Actually remember the webber guy doing a demo for us in college at the start of my apprenticeship, totally forgot all about it til just now. I'm pretty sure I got a t-shirt with "one coat dash in a flash" right across it

Actually remember the webber guy doing a demo for us in college at the start of my apprenticeship, totally forgot all about it til just now. I'm pretty sure I got a t-shirt with "one coat dash in a flash" right across it
1593763105466.png
Know the feeling bruv.