Scrape Render for New Build

neils

Hi folks

Looking to pick some brains and for some advice here.

On my 1.1/2 storey new build in the North of Scotland I am just about to get the render applied.

K-Rend is specified, but a couple of friends in the building trade have intimated that K-Rend has had issues with cracking on jobs they have been involved with previously.

I have had alternative recommendations for both Stonepack & Fassa Bortollo, and wondered if anyone had any thoughts or issues with these systems.

The plasterer has used K-Rend and hasn't had any issues previously, and I like the idea of the stonepack given its a Scottish (and localish) product.

Would be grateful for any advice please

Thanks
Neil

Hi nelis
Get your applicator to get a spec from K Rend for the background to which you are applying the K Rend materials .

Hi folks

On my 1.1/2 storey new build in the North of Scotland I am just about to get the render applied.

K-Rend is specified, but a couple of friends in the building trade have intimated that K-Rend has had issues with cracking on jobs they have been involved with previously.

I have had alternative recommendations for both Stonepack & Fassa Bortollo, and wondered if anyone had any thoughts or issues with these systems.

The plasterer has used K-Rend and hasn't had any issues previously, and I like the idea of the stonepack given its a Scottish (and localish) product.

Thanks
Neil

As said, get a spec from Krend mate. Never had any problems with Krend when the correct method and materials have been used

Hi folks

Thanks
Neil
Have used a lot of stonepack but never tried there scratch render. You could try enewall as well, there Scottish.