School boy error

Members online

No members online now.

Mike Harrison

Bought a new house 18 months ago all the ceilings were high so lowered them in metal and skimmed was in a bit of a rush to get in and forgot to insulate them for sound.when my daughter is in her bedroom with her mates can hear everything.was wondering if there is any way of sound proofing without ripping down and starting again.

Bought a new house 18 months ago all the ceilings were high so lowered them in metal and skimmed was in a bit of a rush to get in and forgot to insulate them for sound.when my daughter is in her bedroom with her mates can hear everything.was wondering if there is any way of sound proofing without ripping down and starting again.

See if there's any sort of acoustic filler you could use and go in through the upstairs floor.

Or overboard with acoustic board.

Or tell her mates to shut the fcuk up.

Or send her to their houses.

You couls screw resilient bars to the ceiling then double board with sound block put sound seal around the first slab

Too much like hard work that mate send her to her mates house by far the best option

I'm thinking the polystyrene balls type stuff that they used to fill cavity walls with...you could pour that through a small hole in th efloor.

Or just tell her mates to fcuk off

On the use of Expanding foam, its become madness, lads using it to fill every gap they see

Were spending longer cutting away foam coming threw gaps in boards than scrimming.

I think the general rule is to try and use as many cans of the stuff as possible, especially around windows and sills.