SBR vs freeflo

PotatoSack

I have a single skin dense concrete block garage/workshop on my hands. Before doing any rendering work, the blocks would soak up a lot of water when it rained heavily and there was a lot of water penetration.
I ended up rendering the interior walls with freeflo in both coats (topcoat had half of scratch), and we've had some torrential rain over the weeks, and it's held very well, although there is a small area that had water penetration (due to the fence post being about 80mm from it).
So, I am going to start rendering on the exterior of the garage, and am debating whether I should stick it through with freeflo or go with an SBR slurry, and then scratch on top of that. I would rather go with freeflo since it'll be quicker, and it'll double up on the inside and outside, but an SBR slurry will probably provide greater water resistance.

Thoughts?

Thanks mate.
Do I really need to use a harling trowel to get the slurry on? I was thinking of using my rendering trowel, get it on the walls quickly, scratch it and then get the scratch coat on. Surely, the slurry will provide enough key and hopefully the SBR will still be tacky and provide a very strong bond for the scratch ?

Thanks mate.
Do I really need to use a harling trowel to get the slurry on? I was thinking of using my rendering trowel, get it on the walls quickly, scratch it and then get the scratch coat on. Surely, the slurry will provide enough key and hopefully the SBR will still be tacky and provide a very strong bond for the scratch ?
Put it on with a roller

Thanks mate.

It is a sbr/cement slurry so roller or brush on. Apply your render before the slurry dries.

Aha, thanks guys.
In terms of the mix, what am I looking at? A quick google revealed a 1:1:1 slurry (sharp-sand:cement:sbr) - there was no mention of water however. Doesn't the cement need water to cure? or will it draw water from the scratch?

Thanks mate.

love your username by the way :D

Just a thought, if you slurry it and kill the suction the waterproofer in free flow will not work very well. Slurrying it will defo work but then just rendering and painting it should too.