Sbr instead of water proofer

Members online

No members online now.

Dr pepper

Has anyone used sbr instead of waterproofer??

Was doing a slurry and had some left over thought chuck it in scratch instead if WP....

Well that's were I come unstuck, sucked like f**k ! Was chasing it from the off! Literally put on rule, float, sponge up! Could half understand if wall was in direct sunlight and it was 28 degrees, but over cast an about 15/16?

Scratched was left for 10 days before topped as on other jobs, same amount of sbr put in as would wp, existing surface was dashing taken back to old brickwork , slurry and scratched.

Managed to get a finish on it but f**k was it a struggle!

Is it me being s**t and having a mare, or has anyone else had same or similar?

Area was only 3m by 5m as well!:X3:

Was doing a slurry and had some left over thought chuck it in scratch instead if WP....

Well that's were I come unstuck, sucked like f**k ! Was chasing it from the off! Literally put on rule, float, sponge up! Could half understand if wall was in direct sunlight and it was 28 degrees, but over cast an about 15/16?

Scratched was left for 10 days before topped as on other jobs, same amount of sbr put in as would wp, existing surface was dashing taken back to old brickwork , slurry and scratched.

What exactly went in the scratch??

"Same amount of sbr as waterproofer"

Thats where you've gone wrong mate - dosing.

Depending on which sbr you have, you need at least 1 litre really per full guage (12/14 shovel mix)

Unless your using the good stuff. Then it's
400 or 500 ml

Also it'd need soaking before coating, as it works slightly differently to standard (fatty acid) waterproofers .

What you did was make it polymer modified but it will suck. I did it once but the suction was in my favour and so was the polymer. That was back in the day when people wanted silicone but sand and cement prices but this House had structural movement so sand and cement mixed with sbr on sbr slurry and panzer mesh, both coats. 12 years ago and still looking good.

"Same amount of sbr as waterproofer"

Thats where you've gone wrong mate - dosing.

Depending on which sbr you have, you need at least 1 litre really per full guage (12/14 shovel mix)

Unless your using the good stuff. Then it's
400 or 500 ml

Also it'd need soaking before coating, as it works slightly differently to standard (fatty acid) waterproofers .
Bloody hell yea I was well out! :X3:

What you did was make it polymer modified but it will suck. I did it once but the suction was in my favour and so was the polymer. That was back in the day when people wanted silicone but sand and cement prices but this House had structural movement so sand and cement mixed with sbr on sbr slurry and panzer mesh, both coats. 12 years ago and still looking good.
Had me on the run all the way through suction was mental!

[QUOTE="Rigsby, post: 1386400, member: House had structural movement so sand and cement mixed with sbr on sbr slurry and panzer mesh, both coats. 12 years ago and still looking good.
[/QUOTE]
Happy days(y)