Sbr before plastering wall

Nutter2

Went to do a hobble today where my cousin plastered sand and cement a small wall in the garden, hes had a go himself he said he used unibond first unsuccessfully the mix would stick but not go off . It stayed wet on the wall in fact it started to slide from being so wet if you tried to play with it or sponge it.
I'm not sure if he's used something else he says it was 'a bonder' from jewson. Thrown the stuff now.so can't check.
What can I do to make the mix stick. I've just tried cement washing the wall and will see if this dries and helps make a bond

Went to do a hobble today where my cousin plastered sand and cement a small wall in the garden, hes had a go himself he said he used unibond first unsuccessfully the mix would stick but not go off . It stayed wet on the wall in fact it started to slide from being so wet if you tried to play with it or sponge it.
I'm not sure if he's used something else he says it was 'a bonder' from jewson. Thrown the stuff now.so can't check.
What can I do to make the mix stick. I've just tried cement washing the wall and will see if this dries and helps make a bond
sbr slurry