Savolit

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesthefirst

Private Member
I've priced to render the external of a house with chalk lime onto Savolit boards which will take 18mm in one hit. Anyone used the chalk lime mix (from Anglia Lime) or another product onto savolit?

It's a board made up of recycled materials and distributed by a company in Swansea I think, suitable for various external materials. I've spoken to the lime plaster supplier and the chalk lime mix is that flexible that there is no need to reinforce with mesh! Also excellent on lath walls and ceilings internally as you apply one thick coat and no need to push through in two passes as with other sand/lime mixes.

how much a bag for the lime? it seems to good to be true mate dosen t it!!! stuy

we have used the chalk lime from anglia limes but only on wood lathe ceilings. it is expensive, heavy, and does not apply easy. so your output will be down.

anglia lime recommends chalk, not lime mortar for timber buildings.

we have used the chalk lime from anglia limes but only on wood lathe ceilings. it is expensive, heavy, and does not apply easy. so your output will be down.

anglia lime recommends chalk, not lime mortar for timber buildings.

I haven't used it myself yet but they say to lay it on and don't and don't trowel it very much, leave until the following day and flatten. How long ago did you use it and have you returned to the work to see how it has fared over time?

we where replacing ceilings in a grade 2 listed property. my son went over to anglia lime ,our local surplier, they sold him the chalk with goats hair which they said was far superior material to lime mortar.
we 2 coated the ceilings on wood lathe. it was in central heated rooms with an olde worlde finish. thickness was random. we did use 11" trowels. we have returned to the property to plaster more ceilings after a couple of months the ceilings have been decorated in lime wash and look fine.
i have never used savliot boards ,how do you intend to get the chalk to key to the boards?

we where replacing ceilings in a grade 2 listed property. my son went over to anglia lime ,our local surplier, they sold him the chalk with goats hair which they said was far superior material to lime mortar.
we 2 coated the ceilings on wood lathe. it was in central heated rooms with an olde worlde finish. thickness was random. we did use 11" trowels. we have returned to the property to plaster more ceilings after a couple of months the ceilings have been decorated in lime wash and look fine.
i have never used savliot boards ,how do you intend to get the chalk to key to the boards?

They will key straight onto the boards.
Did you put it on in one hit as apposed to the traditional 2/3 ?

They will key straight onto the boards.
Did you put it on in one hit as apposed to the traditional 2/3 ?

we put the ceilings on in 2 coats. left a few days between coats. as we had plenty of money on the job so there was no need to hurry

Status
Not open for further replies.