sauna and plungepool room

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi fellas, long time no see been as busy as a bee.

i have a room to do which is going to house a sauna and plungepool, the client is interested in marble, does any of you guys have any tips, i can do venetian plastering and wondered which one would suit best, ie marmarino, or a similair brand. the room is in a damp celler a real dark and dingey hole.

any info greatly appreciated.

Hi Scotts welcome back :RpS_thumbup: ok true Italian Venetian plaster is actually a wonderful choice for surfaces that will get wet and Lime plasters perform extremely well in wet climates by simply allowing any water that is absorbed into the plaster to quickly evaporate and exit the structure. That’s why they’re called Venetian plaster, because they can tolerate rising damp and canal-side applications like in the lagoons of Venice that would cause failure in acrylic and cement plasters which are also branded as venitian plasters its choosing the correct product that counts my friend.

"authentic venetian plaster is not a faux finish. In fact, it’s the most authentic veneer wall finish you can have. When natural, lime-based venetian plaster is applied it will eventually return to it’s original state, which is lime and marble, AKA stone"

hope this helps my very northern friend :RpS_thumbsup:

hey cpm,
good information, but didnt I read that it shouldnt be used ideally in a bathroom ?
obviously this isnt a bathroom but wouldnt there more an issue as the ventilation etc would have to be top dog.
suppose if the cellar was done properly with a cavity membrane then dry lined your product could work.
not knocking the clay, just trying to understand the limits to the product.
rock on!

hi clayplasterman, you seem to know your stuff, thanks for the reply.

twicher i have not used the tadelakt, but read loads on it. will investigate a little further on it.

malc, work is scarce so i cant really afford to backheel this one, i have to much to lose.

cheers fellas

Status
Not open for further replies.