sas prep coat

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

richie

hello . has anyone used this does it stick well to painted outside surfaces like rend aid does . sas reckon it s better ?

good gear mate, bed some mesh in a hawk full and when its set try and rip the mesh off, if it pulls the render off then no , but i wouldnt recommend rendering over paint , better to needle gun paint off imo

good idea .at least it would have half a chance. id rather fetch it off but he aint keen caus of condition of brick work . just put some prep on a bit of ply seems nice got to put a bit of thincoat on it and see what he thinks. do you bother to sponge the prep flat . they told me to is it just to open it up a bit?

we dont bother with sponge float, just bed mesh in the surface and spat really neat , with the mesh just under the surface theres no thickness of material to tear or to leave lines, saves hell of alot of time.

have used prep, it's very sticky and will bond well but grind or score the paint to be safe for mech key

do weber do a prep coat whats ther equivilant or what is webers thin coat system i can get weber products in abundance i struggle to get the parex an stuff

so the thin coat operation if i was to go over some painted render it would have to be scored with a grinder for key then is there a primer or something to go on first and which weber base coat do you use is it ocr with mesh bedded in then the web-plast acrylic soz for all the questions just tryin to get y head round it cheers

every modern render manufacturer makes a cheap bagged sand and cement mix, then up the scale you get a played with thick base coat render that's more expensive but a better product, then you get the more expensive but thinner basecoats that are more like tile adhesives which are designed to go over cement boards or like you say scored but well adhered paint. These thin base coats are super sticky and flexible and together with being light weight will perfectly suit renovation situations where a full hack off is tricky or impossible. Then prime and top coat with an acrylic or silicone bucket render. Saying that though that job im on with the quoin stones, the back extension is block with fined down painted render that was impossible to remove, so we scored it heavily, then used two coats of parex maite with mesh in the first( their thin base render) and key combed this to receive a 15mm coat of parex monorex( their coloured render same as weber pral m). Don't know what weber's tile adhesive type render is called as i find their product list confusing at best and completely and utterly overcomplicated with too many products that overlap and do much the same as one another.

If weber was a restarurant off kitchen nightmares the first thing gordon ramsay would do is chop down the sodding menu to about 10 products!!

Status
Not open for further replies.