Sanding required?

Members online

Sandingrequired

Not sure this is the right forum but I'm after professional advice. I raised some concerns to my plasterer after having my house replastered following a rewire. Concerns were regarding rough finishes, gaps at window edges and corners that are rounded and not straight. His response was that I should should have expected to have to do filling and sanding before decorating... is this acceptable?
90% of the job is fine but he doesn't seem to be willing to sort out the snagging jobs which is really frustrating. I recon its going to take me 2-3 days to tidy up his ropy edges...
Also, I'd assumed that that he would take waste away but he has left 10 bags of waste plaster on the drive... was I wrong to assume that a plasterer with a van would take away waste? I said I'm happy to pay him to sort it out but he's told me to put it in the back of the car and take to the tip, another tidy up task for me to undertake!

I tell them I don’t take waste before quoting unless they want a skip. Hope you’ve got a waste carriers license.

Sometimes things do need snagging to get them just right , if you happy with the majority maybe this is the case , even the best plasterers work needs snags sometimes problem nowadays is painters aren’t decorators anymore ,
In terms of rubbish sometimes I take and sometimes not , just drop a bag a week in your general waste bin to get rid might be ideal solution

Dont take waste but always make this clear . But mostly work for other builders any way.
As for snagging what was skimming over. We just done a house that really wanting knocking.of and starting again but.customer wasnt bothered but was aware 2mm of skim Wasnt gonna straighten em out

I tell them I don’t take waste before quoting unless they want a skip. Hope you’ve got a waste carriers license.
You should have one too, an opened bag of plaster or an empty coke tin in the back classified as waste, it's £150 or thereabouts for 3 years, but you can get fined if you haven't a license

Not sure this is the right forum but I'm after professional advice. I raised some concerns to my plasterer after having my house replastered following a rewire. Concerns were regarding rough finishes, gaps at window edges and corners that are rounded and not straight. His response was that I should should have expected to have to do filling and sanding before decorating... is this acceptable?
90% of the job is fine but he doesn't seem to be willing to sort out the snagging jobs which is really frustrating. I recon its going to take me 2-3 days to tidy up his ropy edges...
Also, I'd assumed that that he would take waste away but he has left 10 bags of waste plaster on the drive... was I wrong to assume that a plasterer with a van would take away waste? I said I'm happy to pay him to sort it out but he's told me to put it in the back of the car and take to the tip, another tidy up task for me to undertake!
If he hasn’t got a waste carriers license from the environment agency it’s illegal for him to take the waste away. All to do with stopping fly tipping which a quick look at our countryside will tell you obviously works

You should have one too, an opened bag of plaster or an empty coke tin in the back classified as waste, it's £150 or thereabouts for 3 years, but you can get fined if you haven't a license
Well I,m screwed as I don’t have one and front of vans full of cans of relentless. Does taking rubbish from your own gaffe to put in site skips count as well

Well I,m screwed as I don’t have one and front of vans full of cans of relentless. Does taking rubbish from your own gaffe to put in site skips count as well
I've never been pulled or asked, but I reckon as soon as it runs out and I wouldn't renew it I'd get pulled up on it straight away knowing my luck

I've never been pulled or asked, but I reckon as soon as it runs out and I wouldn't renew it I'd get pulled up on it straight away knowing my luck
I’ve never been pulled over for it but like you if I left the renewal for a day they would be knocking at the van door ready with th lethal injection while the local pikeys drive past throwing tellies and mattresses out the back of the pick ups

There’s enough s**t in my van without carrying open bags and off cuts of board.

@zolco my mate got pulled for a dvla roadside check then this lady with clip board pops up and said your not on list? He was puzzled but turns out she was a waste licence inspector. He got fined £350. Renewal of licence is £100 so not to bad but I wish they would inspect more as will make me feel better having splashed out. Seems most trades are running around without a waste licence and probably won't ever get asked to show it so why should they worry

I use to pay my sister to go and pick all the rubbish up from jobs in her car then drive to the tip.... i rather give her the money at the time

I use to pay my sister to go and pick all the rubbish up from jobs in her car then drive to the tip.... i rather give her the money at the time
My local tip stopped anything that looked trade waste which caused all sorts of problems.Not a problem now although no diy or trade waste notice up but big containers with plasterboard and even asbestos so what do they think that's from. Another tip 10miles away will let trade vans in on a Tuesday morning for free. How good is that although never used myself and keep meaning to look it up. Think I will now for interest

Round here theres a bloke who has some land he needs to fill or summet. Charges 50 quid fetches his trailer . Put what ye want in . Burns what ever . Land fills rest. Everyone uses him. Get bout 7 ton in . And before anyone says owt its not getting fly tipped.

My local tip stopped anything that looked trade waste which caused all sorts of problems.Not a problem now although no diy or trade waste notice up but big containers with plasterboard and even asbestos so what do they think that's from. Another tip 10miles away will let trade vans in on a Tuesday morning for free. How good is that although never used myself and keep meaning to look it up. Think I will now for interest

If you are doing your house up how does that not become DIY waste...lol

Our tip tried charging for stuff and then shutting 3 days a week. Fly tipping went up