Sander for Home

Members online

Cornelius

Can anyone recommend a decent sander for Home decorating duties? Rubbing down all the woodwork and walls, could be tempted to get something that attaches to a vacuum depending on price, haven’t really got a budget in mind but would be interested to know if anyone has got any recommendations on what to get. Absolutely detest decorating but my kids have completely f**k*d the house up dirty hand prints everywhere and youngest one scribbled Byro and crayons up the walls.

125mm orbital that says vac connection and a worx detail sander will do the job. You will need some sink waste pipe and the vacuum attachments with duck tape for vac. You can buy universal vacuum attachments on eBay but I use plumbers waste pipe. Old vacuum attachments and cut up and anything to hand. Here are a few pics... First is while plumbers pipe 2 sizes one inside other.

125mm orbital that says vac connection and a worx detail sander will do the job. You will need some sink waste pipe and the vacuum attachments with duck tape for vac. You can buy universal vacuum attachments on eBay but I use plumbers waste pipe. Old vacuum attachments and cut up and anything to hand. Here are a few pics... First is while plumbers pipe 2 sizes one inside other.

I’ve got a Henry so anything compatible would be a bonus (y)

You should have one like this already Here. Use that and some duck tape to hold. The sanders come with vac attachment but I found some glue and screws held it in place as can pull off vac pipe. 125mm orbital from b & q is cheap as own brand is ok as mine is still going after years of abuse. You will need detail sander to. I don't use paper though to sand. Mirka mesh is way better and lasts 4 times as long as paper discs but you may need to buy them online. You can cut a disc to fit delta sander if big enough. Works out about £1 each. 120grade mech will do

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-13-20-21-23.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-13-20-21-23.png
    126.4 KB · Views: 177
Your lungs will catch more dust than that bag on the back. Useless. Always use vac and it will help sanding sheets last longer to

Here is my cheap orbital sander. It has some plumbers pipe screwed and glued in place and vac attaches to that and don't pull off sander. I also added kettle plugs for quick change but that's just a recent mod