Sand and cement scratch coat

eeitocr

I am currently renovating a 1930's mid terraced property with solid walls (London stock) no cavity.

The internal walls have all been taken back to the brickwork as the plaster was in poor condition - no signs of damp issues. The old plaster appears to have been lime plaster.

Would it be ok to put a sand and cement scratch coat and multi finish or dot and dab on the internal walls - only two external facing walls, others are internal walls and 2 party walls.

Some websites suggest to use lime plaster but this will work out to be too expensive.

Thanks for the advice.

I am currently renovating a 1930's mid terraced property with solid walls (London stock) no cavity.

The internal walls have all been taken back to the brickwork as the plaster was in poor condition - no signs of damp issues. The old plaster appears to have been lime plaster.

Would it be ok to put a sand and cement scratch coat and multi finish or dot and dab on the internal walls - only two external facing walls, others are internal walls and 2 party walls.

Some websites suggest to use lime plaster but this will work out to be too expensive.

Thanks for the advice.

You’ll get mixed replies. Done my 30’s house with S&C scratch and hardwall. Insulated Pb on externals. Only damp issues were due to water coming in under floors, which touch wood I’ve solved.

Thanks for the advice.
See that too expensive comment.

You're gonna regret that.

Hope not, just looking for some advice as I really don't know what to do with this house.
You will because there's nothing worse than someone who won't do it properly because it's too expensive.

I work with a lot of landlords and get it all the time ... one said to me once 'you boys never consider the cost of materials do you?'

The answer is no because it's irrelevant. You need what you need for that particular job and there's no sense getting anything else. Woe betide the customer who tries to make the cost of materials the workman's problem

Thanks for the advice.
Have a look at Tarmac Limelite renovating plaster - it’s breathable and they have a finish plaster as well. Price is good for your setup.

You will because there's nothing worse than someone who won't do it properly because it's too expensive.

I work with a lot of landlords and get it all the time ... one said to me once 'you boys never consider the cost of materials do you?'

The answer is no because it's irrelevant. You need what you need for that particular job and there's no sense getting anything else. Woe betide the customer who tries to make the cost of materials the workman's problem
Is there really that much difference between Flash and Aldi own brand floor cleaner?

You’ll get mixed replies. Done my 30’s house with S&C scratch and hardwall. Insulated Pb on externals. Only damp issues were due to water coming in under floors, which touch wood I’ve solved.
Thanks, did you dot and dab or batten the insulated PB to the external walls?