Sand and cement over wet dash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done this a few times,firstly I score it with a grinder then jet wash.when applying scratch I sbr first then lay on a very tight coat and allow to set then render as normal!few scratch coats may be required to get over some of the rougness of the dash and obviously this technique is only good if the substrate has not blown

i done one not to long ago the dash was very soild so i put on a good scud then scratch to tidy up if the dash is hollow or blowen i would take it off

Just done one and it turned out great
had a spec from k rend done .
Use r7 or sbr then k rend HPX base (sticks too anything )then your finish

good luck

Just done a Parex Job on wet dash. Parinter then monorex looked excellent and no need to piss about with sbr slurrys

Once the paints not flaking off just render straight on to it. It's a perfect mechanical key.

drive past one my old man did in Ire 35 yrs ago every time I go home and it's still there. :RpS_thumbup:

Mind u its been re rendered 3 times since :RpS_biggrin:

Did 1 about a month ago. We fixed sheets of riblathe with nylon mushroom fixings straight onto painted wet dash. Gave it a 3 to 1 scratch coat,then 4 to 1 straightening coat and topped with 5-1-1/2. Worked out fine.

Did 1 about a month ago. We fixed sheets of riblathe with nylon mushroom fixings straight onto painted wet dash. Gave it a 3 to 1 scratch coat,then 4 to 1 straightening coat and topped with 5-1-1/2. Worked out fine.

Not it overkill then ? :RpS_biggrin:

im doing a parinter and mono over painted pargetted render and been advised to put tv10 kin the parinter whats your thoughts on this currier?

I'll have a look but it think the spec we had was auv mesh on cracks in the parinter then tv10 over all areas in mono coat

why you all getting technical he never mentioned parex mono weber k rend blah blah blah methomatharaclalite or anything he just wanted a basic suggestion to a normal straight forward job

the actual question asked was can you use sand and cement over a painted wet dash backround we can all go into the weber rend aid 2 and various other base coat systems!but were these expensive systems really priced in the job ????

It's easier and safe to let someone else spec the job and warrant it then hope your suggestions based on nothing but previous luck works. It's not technical and its not in any books

the actual question asked was can you use sand and cement over a painted wet dash backround we can all go into the weber rend aid 2 and various other base coat systems!but were these expensive systems really priced in the job ????

What's the @kapring 10 year warranted spec then?

Last edited by a moderator:
you know the score you can not give a guarantee for plastering over any painted backround!the customer should be made aware!obviously if your pricing the job and providing the spec research should be made!but customers wont always pay for top spec jobs and if you think otherwise your a raging liar

You can give a 10 year warranty if your approved and they pay you enough. Makes it more worth while then running the risk because they want it done cheap.

Even if you tell them it might go wrong they never listen and blame you anyway and dont pay/tell every one yor shite. Why bring that on your self?

I bet you don't really go in to the risks when pricing but more glaze over them, where as when u use a manufacture backed spec u highlight them and other contractors flaws.

if you want to get technical none of your spec will be acceptable as they are too strong for sand and cement and the only cemetitious product is weber rend aid 2 as a backing coat all others are for their own products albeit they offer the same substructure but no guarantees for usage with sand and cement backrounds correct????????????????????

I agree totally that is my point!customers in the private sector don't understand the science envolved and are more likely to take the riskthan the likes of me and you!all you can give them is options and your own risk and assess methods regardless of luck!hey it was trial and error whe man first stuck mud to a hut lol

I think your wrong there mate some customers will pay for a top spec job if that's what they want!,
but there are a lot that want the cheapest possible option which we all know isn't always the best way of doing things.

that is my point matey do you turn jobs away because they wont pay top spec albeit I personally do but some poor sods will not hence advice given

I told him the price of all de above and he nearly sh@t his pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.