Sand and cement job advice for brick background

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackospread

got a job in london for 400m2 sand and cement render. its onto old brickwork and where the existing has been hacked off. i've spec'd rend aid. do you rend aid then two coats as normal or rend aid then top?

cheers

Less time cos it's hit in one for a kick off
No blending additives straight out the bag
Personally if done right I prefer some might not
Also it tends to pull in a lot quicker in warm weather
So keep on top but I've only ever used weber
The are others

Less time cos it's hit in one for a kick off
No blending additives straight out the bag
Personally if done right I prefer some might not
Also it tends to pull in a lot quicker in warm weather
So keep on top but I've only ever used weber
The are others
Ocr will pull in as Madmonk says.for sure if it is going over old brickwork.i did 30m2 in two coats over old bricks(sbr tyrolean key) and it went off big time.also it will work out about £3 a m2 more than s&c from merchants which is a lot if pricing against another plasterers doing it by hand.

why would you 2 coat with OCR?

If you had a big wall to do on your own maybe 2 passes, or you have some left over and scratch coat a wall to finish off the next day would it hang about etc, etc? I notice some of the lads using Monocouche use 2 passes.

If you had a big wall to do on your own maybe 2 passes, or you have some left over and scratch coat a wall to finish off the next day would it hang about etc, etc? I notice some of the lads using Monocouche use 2 passes.

i always mono in 2 passes. not got much idea with OCR cos av never used it. i was just wondering why you would scratch and top with OCR cos i thought you had used it that way

i always mono in 2 passes. not got much idea with OCR cos av never used it. i was just wondering why you would scratch and top with OCR cos i thought you had used it that way

No not used it myself but because of the make up of the contents am guessing that it could be used in both ways.

the walls are 3 story gables.
The property was knocked out and separated in the middle to form two blocks of town house apartments.
So the new gables were in effect internal party walls that have been hacked off.
Whats a guide for average m2 price on site for s&c?
bearing in mind its prob 4 lift high! and onto old brick?

Status
Not open for further replies.