Sand a cement on internal walls with mutifinish?

Hi all
New to this forum and only been plastering since Nov 2020 after doing a course.
I will be doing some sand and cement render to some internal brick walls. I'll SBR the walls and then get a 4:1 mix on with plasticiser.
What I want to know is can I do one coat of sand and cement on the internal walls then scratch it and go over it with mutifinish?

When scratching it should I create the long wavy horizontal lines or use a float with some screws in it to make a side way's figure of 8 to scratch it (like I have done before with hardwall) ?

I ask as on our course we did a scratch coat of S&C and then a top coat which we used a float to make smooth. We then put multifinish over the top and I'm not sure if that was so that we can be shown how to do 2 coats of S&C render and do multifinish on top as extra practice or if that's the way to do it on internal walls.

I feel I can do one coat of S&C, rule it off flat, then scratch it and then go over it with multifinish a week later, would this be right?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks for reading.

Hi all
I will be doing some sand and cement render to some internal brick walls. I'll SBR the walls and then get a 4:1 mix on with plasticiser.
What I want to know is can I do one coat of sand and cement on the internal walls then scratch it and go over it with mutifinish?

When scratching it should I create the long wavy horizontal lines or use a float with some screws in it to make a side way's figure of 8 to scratch it (like I have done before with hardwall) ?

I ask as on our course we did a scratch coat of S&C and then a top coat which we used a float to make smooth. We then put multifinish over the top and I'm not sure if that was so that we can be shown how to do 2 coats of S&C render and do multifinish on top as extra practice or if that's the way to do it on internal walls.

I feel I can do one coat of S&C, rule it off flat, then scratch it and then go over it with multifinish a week later, would this be right?

@essexandy

Hi all

Where was the course?

Two coats scratch coat evens suction so then float coat can be easier to float right
Devil floated some don’t but say use sharp sand

Hi all

You 100% should not be doing this work. That's if you're genuine and not just another troll as I suspect.

Thanks monkey boy, I think I found my answer to do 2 coats of scratch on the walls with sand and cement.
I did my course at Gold Trowel.
Eseexandy, not sure why you think I'm a troll but why don't you think I should not be doing this work?

Thanks monkey boy, I think I found my answer to do 2 coats of scratch on the walls with sand and cement.
Eseexandy, not sure why you think I'm a troll but why don't you think I should not be doing this work?
WHY ,because your on here asking stupid questions and because of those questions it’s as clear as day your no where near qualified enough to take on a job like this learn to walk before you run mate ,get in with a gang and learn the ropes ,

I should have added not doing this as a job but as a favour for a mate and only do some plastering either for myself or someone I know.

I was looking to get some clarification and some advice make sure I wasn't going to do something wrong, but thanks for all the support, really appreciate it.

WHY ,because your on here asking stupid questions and because of those questions it’s as clear as day your no where near qualified enough to take on a job like this learn to walk before you run mate ,get in with a gang and learn the ropes ,
Errr yeah I tried that, one minute I get told no one wants to take me on cos their worried I'll be on my phone all day without even knowing me and then I get c*nts like you saying to get in a gang?

When all I asked was for some advice and if I'm on the right track or where I might be going wrong.
Do you fancy doing the job?

Should have done the 6 day instead of 5 day course. The 6th day covers internal sand and cement.

This trade is well and truly beyond fuckked. Honestly. Like, proper fuckked. Such a shame.
It must be when someone asks for some advice and all they get is abuse and not actual advice, perhaps you should look at your own attitude of why it's going down the pan.

I should have added not doing this as a job but as a favour for a mate and only do some plastering either for myself or someone I know.

I was looking to get some clarification and some advice make sure I wasn't going to do something wrong, but thanks for all the support, really appreciate it.
I attempted doing my own brake pads . The bolt was stuck tight so i gave it a great yank and pulled the car off the jack. It missed my arm by about a couple of inch's. If not the wheel hub would have took my hand clean off at the wrist. Lesson learned, always put wheel under cill of car now.

I attempted doing my own brake pads . The bolt was stuck tight so i gave it a great yank and pulled the car off the jack. It missed my arm by about a couple of inch's. If not the wheel hub would have took my hand clean off at the wrist. Lesson learned, always put wheel under cill of car now.
12 quid a roll an you still doing your own breaks, fuckinghell tapit

Behave

I thought/still think you may be a troll as we get plenty coming on here asking absolutely stupid questions. Much like yours.
Reason you shouldn't be doing the work, whether paid or not; because you haven't the first clue about what you're planning on doing.
You're not a plasterer, therefore a lot of us on here have no interest in helping f**k the trade over by giving you advice, it's why I never look at the DIY section. That's not being rude or abusive, just being honest.

I thought/still think you may be a troll as we get plenty coming on here asking absolutely stupid questions. Much like yours.
Reason you shouldn't be doing the work, whether paid or not; because you haven't the first clue about what you're planning on doing.
You're not a plasterer, therefore a lot of us on here have no interest in helping f**k the trade over by giving you advice, it's why I never look at the DIY section. That's not being rude or abusive, just being honest.
I think I would have got a better response if I had raped your mother
Clearly you're a little too over protective of your precious "trade", which makes me think I wonder who hurt you for you to cry and moan so much
I may not be a plasterer if I was I wouldn't be here trying to get blood out of a stone. That's where you're wrong, if you were being honest you would have pointed out what I got right or wrong but instead you chose to be rude.

I come here to check if what I have seen and done before is correct or if someone else would do it differently or what I have got wrong but clearly this tells me no one is interested in advising so I'll carry on f*cking your precious trade.

You don't look at the DIY section because you've clearly got a superiority complex

Clearly you're a little too over protective of your precious "trade", which makes me think I wonder who hurt you for you to cry and moan so much
I may not be a plasterer if I was I wouldn't be here trying to get blood out of a stone. That's where you're wrong, if you were being honest you would have pointed out what I got right or wrong but instead you chose to be rude.

I come here to check if what I have seen and done before is correct or if someone else would do it differently or what I have got wrong but clearly this tells me no one is interested in advising so I'll carry on f*cking your precious trade.

You don't look at the DIY section because you've clearly got a superiority complex
Wow. Good luck with your plastering

Utter scum

I reckon the car hit you on the head, knocked you out and you found yourself coming round staring at the brake discs and they inspired your holey tape
gas brakes GIF

I had not got the first clue about adhesive tape or the Properties needed to fix plaster beads when I started my venture.
I also met resistance from many so called experts who were not tolerant of my lack of knowledge. My attitude was f**k em, the information is all out there if you put the effort in. I have also had great advice from the few who have had the confidence and grace to share their hard earned experience.

Sorry mate but if you need to ask questions then the course you did was not that good
been plastering for 40 years
and yes people like you is why the trade has gone to s**t

I had not got the first clue about adhesive tape or the Properties needed to fix plaster beads when I started my venture.
I also met resistance from many so called experts who were not tolerant of my lack of knowledge. My attitude was f**k em, the information is all out there if you put the effort in. I have also had great advice from the few who have had the confidence and grace to share their hard earned experience.
Cheers mate.
I can't figure out if everyone is just being a c*nt or upset that I asked some basic questions.