Same day scrape yet?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim85

We're gonna spray a loada pral tomorrow and we done a next day scrape last week n it was a bit too hard n it took us until about 2pm to get it all scraped back so I was thinking about goin for a same day scrape we will start spraying at about 7 45 n it's over cast n 7degrees over dry block work

Do you guys think we'll get it scraped back tomorrow or should we spray in afternoon n go for next day scrape?

The guy I work with wants to spray it in morning then scrape back next morning!

It's our 1st year with the machine so it's all a bit like guess work

Umm tough one at the moment ,we sprayed this afternoon onto concrete blocks with rend aid and mesh I'm hoping that will hold it back a bit but I'm expecting it to be quite hard in the morning

Cant answer that question weather conditions and other factors means its ready when its ready! Get some tents and set up camp!:muyenojado::reloco:

Yea I'm thinking we're gonna be sprayin in afternoon n scraping back in morning after doing a bit of reading other posts on here. Leave the same day scrapes till weather warms up a bit

I dont mind a bit of camping nothing better than been in the middle of nowhere whose gonna hear the screams!!:hueco:

We put on a pral m today on rend aid. 1 coat fully meshed and topped started about half 12 left at half 4 and was almost ready for scrape!! Sprayed with water x2 before we left so should hold back a bit.
It's a hard scrape next morning were gonna accelerate it tomoz for same day.
It's at the time of year where you can get caught out either way

Yea that's what I don't like its such hard work in morning when it should be so much easier that's why I wanted to start doin same day scrapes.

I'll probably struggle to get it on by 11am so it's not leaving much time.

Next day with weber silver pearl,finish spraying about 3 and its just right in the morning.

I would be putting on as late as in the afternoon and getting there early next morning. I suppose you have to consider is it dry block or on rend-aid? is it a heated building or not?

Doing a Kilsaren spray tomorrow on their pre rend. 12mm thick starting at 3pm on a heated semi. Facing the Derbyshire moors and above the snow line so hoping it is going to be ok.

Weber is awkward at this time of year. Think I would put go faster in it.

What kind of accelerator do you use? I'm using an sp11 so mixing up 6 bags with 32 litres of water per mix iv read on here about using accelerator but mixing it up in water butts.

It's all new build houses on them 7n rice crispy blocks 15mm beads

I was worrying about putting this stuff on too early I soaked the walls at around 7 30 started putting on at 8 30 finished and all cleaned up at about 330. I thought we were going to
Have a nightmare scraping it back but it was fine 24 hours after putting it on. I didn't predict that! We didn't have any sun on the walls tho which probably helped

Learned something on that job

I use the parex accelerator I find that the others are shite!! K-rend rep reckons if temp is down to 5 degrees it will only take the gear up to 7 degrees drying conditions. Parex as a material tends to stay softer for longer but always be prepared for wind/ humidity drying it out. Webber is nice for same day scrape now but on early but again be prepared to hang around or bar it to open up before final bar and scrape. Alway as tough one this time and back end of year!!

I was worrying about putting this stuff on too early I soaked the walls at around 7 30 started putting on at 8 30 finished and all cleaned up at about 330. I thought we were going to
Have a nightmare scraping it back but it was fine 24 hours after putting it on. I didn't predict that! We didn't have any sun on the walls tho which probably helped

Learned something on that job
Did you hand ball or machine?im surprised it wasn't rock hard the next day!!

Machine. We are struggling it off a cherry picker tho so it's taking ages to get it on by the time it's on it's too late to wait about for a same day. There was no sun about until lunch time next day but the first bit we put on was perfect next morning. 24 hours basically since it went on. I was crappin one thinkin it was gonna be rock solid. I think if the sun would of hit it it would of been a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.