Same day or next day scrape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Wilkinson

Doing blanc du litteral what would you guys do with temps about 15-16 deg would you go for late spray and early next day scrape or do you reckon it will go off in time for same day scrape. Last time did next day it wa bout 18- 19 deg and was there at 6am and was only just do able. Temps been a lot cooler up here than what you been getting dan saf

What yews reckon??

in this weather i would do same day on Blanc, this gear sets like rock when it goes pal. get it on early and scrape in the afternoon.

did a krend today same day hand app around 15 to 20 mm in places it scraped after about 3-4 hours and krend is one of the slower ones

I reckon krends quicker than parex we did a scrape with krend it was cloudy all day and still finished earlier than parex on a half decent day

Last edited:
in this weather i would do same day on Blanc, this gear sets like rock when it goes pal. get it on early and scrape in the afternoon.

did a krend today same day hand app around 15 to 20 mm in places it scraped after about 3-4 hours and krend is one of the slower ones
I don't get it!? :RpS_unsure:

wez ....Hand App ....its a term older plasterers use when referring to their line of work ..they use big buckets a drill and whisk and a hawk/handboard and trowel, they manually mix the material they sometimes employ an emotionally scarred teenager who doesn't want to get out of bed and spends all day checking in on facebook to do this) and then load the material onto their hawk and then use their trowel to push the material up the wall.... its a weird way of doing things but they seem to enjoy it ...im sure if you look on youtube you will find videos of this ancient tradition

wez ....Hand App ....its a term older plasterers use when referring to their line of work ..they use big buckets a drill and whisk and a hawk/handboard and trowel, they manually mix the material they sometimes employ an emotionally scarred teenager who doesn't want to get out of bed and spends all day checking in on facebook to do this) and then load the material onto their hawk and then use their trowel to push the material up the wall.... its a weird way of doing things but they seem to enjoy it ...im sure if you look on youtube you will find videos of this ancient tradition

I was emotionally scarred after doing it too. the builder bought us the gear - Krend Silcone FT, we had no choice but to leave the pump at home and get the rhino tubs out.....

....Never again.......................................................ever

......never

Or just come and watch me

thats bloody cruel on the hawk,how the hell do you keep it from flying away with the gear on its back!

id love to have a machine but its just not worth it for the amount I do.
ive just done one,2 spreads,1 spotty teenager,3 gorilla tubs,2 wisks and 90odd bags of k rend ,shite but the spotty lad loved it

Status
Not open for further replies.