Safestyle Windows

I had a chap come round as my wife wants new windows we have one that is leaking :D

The sales patter from this chap really did piss me off... would not simply give me a price but all he did was slag other companies and tell me how great safestyle was...

He lectured me for about 10 mins then I just got up and left the wife to deal with him...

I had a chap come round as my wife wants new windows we have one that is leaking :D

The sales patter from this chap really did piss me off... would not simply give me a price but all he did was slag other companies and tell me how great safestyle was...

He lectured me for about 10 mins then I just got up and left the wife to deal with him...

Maybe you can see why old Vincey boy gets a rough ride now then

In the end how much?, go to a trade window place always cheaper and better

they wanted £7k for 3 windows but if I took it out today they would reduce to £5K jane said she struggled to contain her laughter. I was in the garden digging a trench :D

The window that leaks I just need to take out the glass and see why the water is not draining away :D Trouble is in the summer i cant be bothered and not enough rain :D

they wanted £7k for 3 windows but if I took it out today they would reduce to £5K jane said she struggled to contain her laughter. I was in the garden digging a trench :D

The window that leaks I just need to take out the glass and see why the water is not draining away :D Trouble is in the summer i cant be bothered and not enough rain :D
I'd be trying to fix it.That's serious money.

Ha granny robbers there's a decent bloke we use in Southampton if ya want does all repairs

Use a hose :)

Safestyle did the work when I was doing kitchen / diner new boarding skim they put the side door on the piss s**t fitting called out several times

Safestyle did the work when I was doing kitchen / diner new boarding skim they put the side door on the piss s**t fitting called out several times

yeah I actually think window fitters are at the bottom of the pile as regards to trade hierarchy :D obviously with plasterers at the top :D

I replied to an advert few years ago that was in a national newspaper saying that I could get money back for my own windows in a government backed scrapage scheme that would bring cost down dramatically for new windows. So got them out and same as you had to listen to all the sh it and halfway through I said look mate I work in the trade just tell me cost before I throw you out. Said he couldn't and kept leaving room to call his 'boss' to ask what to do next. Eventually he came back and said can do everything for 7 and a 1/2. It was just a small mid terrace and I had been quoted £2500 for everything all ready so I'm thinking I must be getting some amount of money for my windows through that scheme to do it all for £750. So I said aye sign me up for £750, he looked at me and said it's not £750 it's £7500! I said what about money back for my windows and he said oh I'll take £150 off it for you lol I picked his demo window up and his bag and took it out to his car but he never followed, stayed in my living room pleading for the sale to the wife so went back in and told him to get to fk but he wouldn't budge so I said you've got ten seconds to get out this house or I'm picking you up and throwing you out. Was just this tiny little guy as well around 21/22 year old. Lol never again.

Have you not been watching White Gold on bbc2? Tells you all you need to know about window salesmen! I had a bloke from Everest around last year, nearly fell off the stool at his price for two Windows, needless to say i went with a local company, better for everyone

Ffs Danny You should of told him straight you the main man on TPF , if that didn't sort the dude you should of said you will re arrange a meeting with Flynny for him to conclude a price,

Bet he would of soon f**k*d off then

When you say "Trench".... did Jane refer to it as "a grave" as part of the buying negociation.... LOL

ive got a great company who does repairs and replacement mate.
do you want to give him a go?

a while back we had a window salesman round, he obviously miss took me for lord Rosthchild, i told him not to worry as that mistake often happens !

Just fit new ones yourself....as if anyone's ever going to ask for you window certification if you sell up

What really pisses me off about big firms like these is the fitters get sheite rates for removal and fitting and, some firms have them paying for the van and the silicon and frame sealants all while the salesman is driving a flash new motor.

Just order new ones fit it yourself, get BC out to sign it off for you.
I usually get units from gap UK, there good on price

Have you not been watching White Gold on bbc2? Tells you all you need to know about window salesmen! I had a bloke from Everest around last year, nearly fell off the stool at his price for two Windows, needless to say i went with a local company, better for everyone

I have been watching that :D very funny :D

Well a week tomorrow I will get the unit out and see why water is coming in through the bead... from there I will decide whether to fit new ones

Well I pulled the units ou and filled where they sit with water to see what is going on.... well drain holes are in the wrong place so re drilled them and now I think they should be good :D

Danny I worked about ten years in the double glazing sales business... Anglian, Zenith etc. They are all scammers mate it's a pyramid scheme really with the chap who made the lead getting a cut, then the sales rep, lead manager, sales manager, then the regional manager, then the divisional manager, and so on.

They all want you to sit through demonstrations and crap when really, at a glance they could ball park you.

The biggest risk with a national company is the skill and competence of the fitters used. Some companies (Britannia double glazing) are franchises so you have a better idea of who is doing the fitting and others (Anglian etc) have their own fitters but depends where you are based. Chichester for example are Fareham based 'Installations Depot' and I've heard mixed things about them.

One thing I have learned (from 8 years plus of door to door cold calling) is that the big companies have fantastic window products (esp old Zenith, and Anglian generally) but if some Muppet fits them they will be no better than the ones you are looking to replace :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

We got them round as my mrs seen the tv advert you get 55% off she coudnt get her head around that tbe price is allready sorted. 7,500 if we took it then thats without there special glass. Ended up a local lad 2.700 great job and new sills aswell

Finally worked out what was making the window leak :D

The packers that the glass units sit on were bridging the drip channel and it was filling up the bit of the frame behind the where the drain holes are so after a few rain showers that channel would fill up and leak through the window beads on to the wood window sill :D

I chopped the packers down so that they sit forward of that part and bobs your uncle no more leaks :D

Finally worked out what was making the window leak :D

The packers that the glass units sit on were bridging the drip channel and it was filling up the bit of the frame behind the where the drain holes are so after a few rain showers that channel would fill up and leak through the window beads on to the wood window sill :D

I chopped the packers down so that they sit forward of that part and bobs your uncle no more leaks :D

£2300 we paid for 5 new windows and a patio door.
front of house are pretty big.....plenty sun comes in.