safepass

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

batman1

is the irish safepass acceptable for working in the uk or so i need to get the cscs and if so how do i go about getting that?

is the irish safepass acceptable for working in the uk or so i need to get the cscs and if so how do i go about getting that?
Hi, dont think its the same, but not hundred percent sure, my nephew got his in ireland before he came over, when I did mine, it was a matter of reading the book, multiple choice questions, not too difficult but you must read the book. best to google for info for now...

[h=3]Is FAS Safe Pass card valid in UK ?[/h]I have been getting a few phone calls and emails about this lately so I have compiled the following post in the hope that this might clear up a few things.
The simple answer is yes the Fás Safe Pass card is valid in the UK, however the following should be noted

• The UK equivalent of the Fás SAfe Pass card is known as CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme)
  • There is no current way of changing the Fás Safe Pass card to the UK CSCS card or vice versa, but both cards should be accepted both in UK and Ireland.
  • In writing this post I have contacted the CSCS UK crowd for verification of what level the Safe Pass card will be recognised , and below is the reply that I have recieved from them
Thank you for your email.
When applying for a CSCS card you are required to take a Health, Safety and Environment Test, however if you hold a current / valid FAS Safepass you are exempt from this requirement. Please note that you may be subject to further requirements to apply for a card depending on which card you wish to apply for. To enable us to advise you further we would need you to advise the specific occupation of CSCS card you wish to apply for. You can view the full list of occupations by visiting our website at www.cscs.uk.com/occupations. Once you have decided on the occupation of card, please email us back with these details and we can then advise on the routes of entry available and the requirements of the card.
Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us by return email or phone the CSCS Helpdesk on +44(0)844 576 8777.
Kind Regards,
CSCS Team

[h=3]Is FAS Safe Pass card valid in UK ?[/h]I have been getting a few phone calls and emails about this lately so I have compiled the following post in the hope that this might clear up a few things.
The simple answer is yes the Fás Safe Pass card is valid in the UK, however the following should be noted

• The UK equivalent of the Fás SAfe Pass card is known as CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme)
  • There is no current way of changing the Fás Safe Pass card to the UK CSCS card or vice versa, but both cards should be accepted both in UK and Ireland.
  • In writing this post I have contacted the CSCS UK crowd for verification of what level the Safe Pass card will be recognised , and below is the reply that I have recieved from them
Thank you for your email.
When applying for a CSCS card you are required to take a Health, Safety and Environment Test, however if you hold a current / valid FAS Safepass you are exempt from this requirement. Please note that you may be subject to further requirements to apply for a card depending on which card you wish to apply for. To enable us to advise you further we would need you to advise the specific occupation of CSCS card you wish to apply for. You can view the full list of occupations by visiting our website at www.cscs.uk.com/occupations. Once you have decided on the occupation of card, please email us back with these details and we can then advise on the routes of entry available and the requirements of the card.
Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us by return email or phone the CSCS Helpdesk on +44(0)844 576 8777.
Kind Regards,
CSCS Team
so thats a yes then

I was on a site in London about 5 years ago and I show the lad who was doing the induction my Irish safepass and he says to me that he had never seen one of them before, I thought here we go he's not going to let me work , so I said to him "this is the top of the range passes it covers you for everything and it costs about £500
to get" and he lets me start work . about two weeks after he comes up to me on a Monday morning and asks me if Im cover with my super-duper pass to drive the crane as the driver phone in sick , I just sorry mate Im out of practice!

Status
Not open for further replies.